Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods .

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chucky, Dec 30, 2011.

1. n847

n847

I had to do the same thing with my lower hose. I got one hose from Oreilly and the other from NAPA. I took my old cobbled up lower hose that was on the car, then dug through their isles of hoses till I found pieces that were close. You're hoses look better than mine. I had a ton of trouble finding a new inner pipe, because mine had to have a bend in it. I was actually thinking about doing it again when I drain the water to replace a freeze plug. I'll have to look into those part numbers you used! Where did you find the connector pipe that had the "flared" ends on it? I'm assuming thats plumbing pipe you've got in there now and it all seemed like it would crush if I tried it.

Any way looking great...

2. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Nice job! Amazing how the little finishing parts can quickly add up to big bucks!

3. It's amazing what all the little do dads can cost ya, doing a fine job there.

4. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I've seen those, but haven't purchased any yet. So they're a one time thing? Cut them off when you change hoses?

5. n847

n847

That was always my concern...I haven't gotten this far in my life by doing things right the first time!

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

6. rustang

rustang

I had never heard of these kind of clamps, until this thread....I may have to try them at some point.... every other worm clamp you seem to buy now seems to strip itself out quite easily....Thanks for posting!
    Tom

7. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I grab old hose clamps at the wrecking yard when I'm there. The old ones are better than the auto parts store crap. I've got some of those plumber's couplings in my stock too, but never thought about stripping the clamps off them.

8. boogeracng

boogeracng
    from Eureka,MO

Hey Chuck.....how wide (or in the case of your photo, tall) are these clamp deals you've described? EVERY hose connection on my Willys is double clamped, just for my personal satisfaction......lots of pressure @ 6500 rpm. Maybe your clamp deal would be a good alternative

9. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Curse those rice rockets! They get all the good stuff! ;)

10. rustang

rustang

And to think I've spent the last (2) nights painting hood scoops and blockout panels for my kids '04 RS Impreza (ummm subaru)... he has to have STI parts on his car....so now, my freshly primed '38 truck parts are cast with red overspray......

I should dis-own him....parking his nitrous boosted Mustang for a ricer.... not sure he knows much, T-bolt clamps or not.....hahahaha

11. boogeracng

boogeracng
    from Eureka,MO

Well Chuck, you have just confirmed what I've been told several times and always suspected......Lowe's, Home Depot, et all do have a lesser quality of product lines, even from the same manufacturer. I was told by a high placed marketing guy from John Deere, the Deere stuff sold by these guys is NOT the same as what the Deere dealers market. Looks like this carries over to home products as well.

12. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I like that! I've always been a fan of the cars that came with simple black rubber floor covering. Is that another Lowes or HD item?

13. Beau

Beau

I like that! Great tip!

14. farmer12

farmer12

That vinyl looks great, perfect!

15. n847

n847

Wow...looks great!

16. n847

n847

Looks awesome! Your details are taking this build over the top!

17. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

That's a very cool little roof jack for the column! I may have to get a couple just for future projects!
    I wonder if there's any adhesive or material that could be used to butt splice that vinyl mat together so it wouldn't need to be overlapped?

18. farmer12

farmer12

Great column boot!

19. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I like both the floor mat and the boot! Sometimes the unexpected stuff is the coolest stuff.

20. boogeracng

boogeracng
    from Eureka,MO

PERFECT!!!!!!!!Simplicity and cleanliness make for a real eye catcher. And the belts look good too.

21. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

hey ya called me a while back about ssfr come on up you will be fine.

22. n847

n847

And you said no interior...lol. looks bad ass spot on if you ask me! Throw some thin aluminum panels over the doors, or wrap some black vinyl around some particle board and call it a day!

23. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

Just subscribed to your build thread... Lots of interesting/thought provoking stuff here

What caught my eye was on page #1.... I really like the simplicity of the 2 x 4 body lift you made.

I will be doing the same thing with my Opel once the weather gets warmer here.... IF that ever happens !!!! Sick of Winter :mad:

24. Beau

Beau

Damn dude! I need to get across the river and come see this! The boot looks great! Clever.

25. Nocero

Nocero

Wow haven't seen this thread in a while! Your making great progress! Looks great. subscribed!

26. n847

n847

Nice to see your vision coming together! Those LED's on the buckets are a good idea! I can't wait to see pics of it cruisin the block!

27. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

That looks so good! Can't wait to see it with the front fenders in place! I've had to make do on some rubber parts on my Austin, as no parts available. I found that old inner tubes make a great donor for any flat rubber where parts bolt on. I punch holes in it for bolts or wires, then slip it over the part and pencil out the edge. Then use scissors to cut it slightly larger than the part and it works good. Free is also a good part of using the old tubes!

28. farmer12

farmer12

Getting better and better everytime I view this thread!!!

29. 55chieftain

55chieftain

Hey I really like your floor idea, thinking out load about adding some kind of button deal instead so it could just be unsnapped from the floor for cleaning or whatever instead of just putting it down with screws...

30. n847

n847

Wow...awesome! Thats gonna be killer!