Register now to get rid of these ads!

65 Riv Nailhead head gaskets???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PRDDETROIT, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Hello Everyone,

We're putting my 65 Riv motor together and getting ready to swap out the original 401. The new motor is a 65- 401 bored 0.30 (now 425), Balanced with a 340hp cam, fresh heads. Done from pan to carb.
    My question is... What head gasket manufactures do you recommend and what should I look for? I've heard some are good, and some are questionable.

Also, What cams are good and a little step up in performance than the 340hp cam? I kinda want a little more lump (maybe) Its good to know whats out there.

We got all of the pieces together today for the swap. We're putting the motor back together, Trans is rebuilt with a new torque converter, 65 gas pedal and linkage, Trans kick down switch, 65 shifter, 65 crossmember, 65 front and rear driveshafts and carrier bearing, and a 65 3.08 positraction rear end.
    I'm ordering my 2 inch drop springs next week ( I might do 3 inch) LA streets can be tough on lowered cars thou.

We start on it June 30th back in Detroit, Then I'm driving it back home to LA

Thanks for any info on the gaskets and cams. I will post pics of the whole process as it comes along

2. robertsregal

robertsregal

Talk with Russ Martin at centerville, he is all nailhead knowledge and parts

Centerville Auto Repair
    4419 Mattos Drive
    Fremont, CA 94536-5952

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  3. Got it. Thank you