Register now to get rid of these ads!

65 country sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rafael, Sep 19, 2007.

1. rafael

rafael
    from Moody AFB

What up fellas, so the other day my boss asked to run an errand and since his back is all jacked he didnt feel like doin it. so he tossed me his keys to el camino and said go for it.... so obviously i couldnt say no. so that sparked my wagon dream again. so i found one itsa 65 ford C.S. its all stock xcept for the 390 and new c-6 and rear end re-geared. im gonna buy it, but the issue i got is where the hell do you all get window seals for these bastards?!? i mean a little bit of sandin here and there couple of coils cut and she would look purdy good.
    i looked in search but dammit if i found anything. so if you all have some links send em my way. heres a shot.
    thanks vatos
    Rafa
    [​IMG]

2. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

dennis carpenter has 'em

Front window seals for 65 4 dr wagon are $125 a pair. Same with back windows.

www.dennis-carpenter.com

He will be your new friend as you get into this project.

cool ride.

3. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Maybe Dearborn Classics

4. rafael

rafael
    from Moody AFB

125 a PAIR!!!!!! HOlY $HIT! damn im gonna roll that bitch in a clean room and install them with white gloves....! thanks for the link i was expecting oh say 50 bones a pair or even 75 but $hit!!!!

5. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

You might go to a body shop supply place and see if you can match the style weatherstripping in bulk. I've done that before, and it's way cheaper.

6. rafael

rafael
    from Moody AFB

thanks arkiehotrods. i think im gonna call it the holy grail cause i cant find anything about it everyone talks about them but all i find is crickets in cobwebs...

7. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

My boss picked this up a few years ago... rattlecan paintjob and a junkyard 351...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. rafael

rafael
    from Moody AFB

thats tits! old man's good with da paint bomb!
    ill give you 50 bones for his tailgate . midnight recon baby! j/k

9. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Complaining about what parts cost?! Do you have any concept of what it costs to reproduce something like window mouldings, even dash knobs or sheet metal patches or cowl vent levers or freaking hub caps?
    I didn't think so. You should be thanking your lucky stars you can even buy ANYTHING for a stationwagon at all!

10. rafael

rafael
    from Moody AFB

oh im not just complaining, im just shocked mang....
    ill dish it out, cause i have to. but you would think that it would be cheaper. i cant seem to locate all parts, just the ones that transfer over i.e. window scrapers from 4 door cars and such.
    pasadenahotrod, wachu drive and where do you git your stuff?

11. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

Holy crap! It's a longshot but you wouldn't happen to know if the Ford Ranger in the background came from North Carolina would you? My father had one exactly like it and sold it a couple of months before he died and I'd really like to find it again.

12. rafael

rafael
    from Moody AFB

talk about lucky....
    so i finally wired the rear window to work on an independant switch, so i was diggin through the treasure of goodies that the previously older couple left me in the spare area, when what did i find??
    a brand new OEM set of window scrapers from ford from 1967 and all still in great condition! luck huh?

13. sololobo

sololobo

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Raf, Hey-I love the sharp clean lines of the 65 Vato-Great score!! Just a few touches, mild lowering, dual exhaust, maybe some fog lights, skirts, cruise that baby!!!Welcome to the world of longroofs!!---Sololobo/Roadburners of Omaha!!
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

14. rafael

rafael
    from Moody AFB

well i guess im about halfway there, it has a new 390 with dual xhaust, flowmasters.
    skirts would kick ass too solo, ill have to work on them!
    it also has a mini spool in the back, i dont like that. this aint no dragster the onl problem is that with the mini spool , the assclown that put it in got rid f the spider gears... so i have to find me some of those. anywasy thanks mang. ill keep all posted as soon as i mod it.
    Rafa