Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs '64 Pontiac custom idea?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by El Caballo, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Just throwing around ideas and I'm intrigued by the purple convertible's headlamps.

2. Quote:
    Originally Posted by zman
    well you don't cut the fenders off and put them on a Pontiac.

No shame in my game, I love my Pontiac. I have wanted one since the '60 when I had the 1/64 version Matchbox Superfast, the purple '64 GP.

Attached Files:

3. BHfanGB

BHfanGB

I'm another lover of the '64 Pontiac (even though I don't own one)..... my folks had a '64 Catalina Safari that became my brother's first car (compete with Cragars up front, chrome reverse with factory dog-dishes out back and a Cherry Bomb glasspack. It sat while he was in the Army, then he gave it away when he came home..... what a shame.

I never saw a Matchbox Superfast GP, only the standard issue you have pictured. Had one as a kid (which got destroyed) along with a dark blue and white promotional model (that my brother stepped on). I've replaced both, plus added a couple AMT kits to the collection.

4. twofosho

twofosho

As stated above; some things are better left untouched.

Unless that is, you are planning to shave the emblems, nose and deck it, and do a custom bar grille. At that point, flat clear Plexi or Lexan covers set into the stock headlight doors over stock replacement Cibie or Lucas headlights would look good. Might require tunneling the headlights back an inch or two to pull it off though.

I think you've already got the right idea by looking to the series of GM styling XP 400 Pontiac show cars for inspiration before you do anything, just make sure you check out the '64 version itself.

5. KK500

KK500

CANNOT BELIEVE ANYBODY WOULD TAKE LIGHTS OFF THIS P.O.S. AND PUT THEM ON AN AMERICAN ICON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ned, this is the most o.t. pic I have ever seen, you could have edited it down so as not to cause alarm:eek:.
    JIM

6. maybe cibies like these turned on end
    [​IMG]

or just do this