Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 64 Impala riding on 27 year old tires.... Too old?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KrucksGarage, Mar 9, 2023.

1. if someone loses the one they love in a wreck, I'd think charging them with vehicular homicide may just push them over the edge. The punishment has already been administered, they have to live knowing the consequences of their actions.

2. 1ton

1ton

Bought a used set of Grand Ams on 15 x 8 corvette rallyes. Had them on an original ss 396 car. Front right tread came off at 75 MPH. Almost crapped myself. Destroyed the fender. Blew the fender emblems off into the ditch. Never found them. Just saying!

3. 5brown1

5brown1

I just ordered a set of the Kontio tires from Speedway. The tires are Hankook brand.
    $1022.36 for four 205x75-15 with 2.5" white wall including tax. Shipping is free.

4. KrucksGarage

KrucksGarage

Six Fo.jpg I realized I never posted a photo of the new wheels and tires on the Impala. We decided to go with the old Torque Thrust D's in a 15". I have always liked the look of these wheels for some of these cars and never owned a set. I like how it turned out and really changed the look of the car. Looking back, thanks again for all the input on the initial question regarding the old tires.

49ratfink, 40FORDPU, jnaki and 4 others like this.
  5. KrucksGarage

KrucksGarage

Here's another photo of hitting the same car show in my home town with a couple buddies. Port Orchard Cruz.jpg

Tickety Boo likes this.
  6. I have never seen a car that Torque Thrusts did not look good on. Those look excellent on there. Nice car.

KrucksGarage and 49ratfink like this.
  7. 60 Special

60 Special
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Your tires look to be in good shape and well cared for, but if they were on my car I would limit my top speed to around 30 MPH. I change my O.T. drivers at 8 years max!
    60 Special

8. I hear you Don, Torque Thrust would even make a garbage truck look good! HRP