Register now to get rid of these ads!

64 galaxie, bellflowers mounting angle, pics?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by raaf, Nov 27, 2006.

1. raaf

raaf

you guys mounting parallel to the ground, or angled slightly up with the body line? i'm thinking parallel with the body line. just curious what people have done.

pics?

thx.

2. chopndrop

chopndrop

3. lgh1157

lgh1157

Raaf i think you should set them up so they make the lower 1/4 look straight.

I they come out a little higher from the wheel well[ and inch or so ] you can run em more level.

L

4. 122wagon

122wagon
    from nowhere

noooooooooooo

because these cars have angled lower rear quarters they never look good with bellflowers.

nothing looks better on a galaxie than some pencil or 2 inch crome tips coming out directly beneath the tail lights...matches up perfectly

but then again thats my opinion of my '64

if you do go with bell's then try and make them as parallel to the ground as possible, essentially hiding the angled rear quarter.

-jake

5. raaf

raaf

interesting... i knocked the whole rear section of my exhaust off last week (still hangin) thanks to a high spot on my way to work - so it's time for a new exhaust. i was thinking bellflowers because they'll give the longer body lines of my fordoor better definition - and hopefully more clearance in the rear because i am scraping.

but i'll look into the pencil tips too - i've always liked those as well. thx.

6. lgh1157

lgh1157

I was waiting for this

Have you ever thought that some people might like them with Bellflowers ?

"Never look good with bellflowers" WTF ?

L

7. 122wagon

122wagon
    from nowhere

uhhh.

what the fuck right back

i clearly stated that this was just my opinion...its not a rule.

Youre NOT allowed to put bellflowers on a 64 galaxie because i say so!!!!!

but aside from people gettin their panties in a bunch....i scraped my exhaust tips off in the back and then found that they were the only thing keeping me from scraping a hole in my gas tank...which unfortunately happened. SO...Raaf - better get something back there or your tank will hit.

once again this is based purely on my experiences...

8. raaf

raaf

ouch. never thought of it that way. ultimately i gotta get the rear bagged. i thought i could survive as is (3" blocks) but the streets around here are getting so bad (san diego is pretty much bankrupt for some damn reason) i have to chart a course just to even get to work. i drive this thing everyday everywhere - and clipping my exhaust was the last straw.

i'll post some pics when the work gets done. haven't decided which way i'm headed yet - but thanks for the input.

9. I have a 62 Gal with Bellflowers that pretty much follow the body line.

the 64 is a little more defined so whay I would do is bring the pipes out a little bit and split the difference between flat and following the line. it will visually take the total up sweep out and at the same time not make it parallel...

This is my worthless opinion.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. smokindave

smokindave

your car is pretty--from the mickey mouse club

11. lgh1157

lgh1157

whatever dude, you write your shit like its a rule.

L