Register now to get rid of these ads!

'64 Falcon Idler Arm/Bushings- Same as Mustang?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by warbozz, Jul 25, 2006.

1. warbozz

warbozz

I took the '64 Falcon wagon in today to get a Missouri safety inspection so I can get the title and license switched over from the current California setup, and it's needing idler arm bushings to pass. Anyone know if they were shared parts with the Mustang? That would surely help make them easier to find. It also has a leaky wheel cylinder, which is no biggy, and needed new exhaust pipes because of a couple of leaks, which I had fixed by a muffler shop this morning. The exhaust manifold is a little loose from the block and leaks, so I'm going to look at getting that tightened up today. Anyways, any help on the idler arm info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help you alll can offer.

2. improbcat

improbcat

Don't know about that part specificly, but you might want ot check out http://www.tffn.net The Ford Falcon News, the guys on the forum there know damn near everythign there is to know about Falcons & Comets and could probably answer that question easily.

3. warbozz

warbozz

Through online digging it seems the Falcon is different than the Mustang, so I ordered from Mac's what they have listed. I'll cross my fingers! Thanks for the link, I'll check that one out.

4. ol boy

ol boy
    from Tucson, Az

If you have a I6 motor wagon then it should be the same as the I6 motored Mustang. I have a V8 Falcon wagon, 64 and it uses a larger than the mustang V8 bushing. I'm also on TFFN with same tag name. There is a lot of info on there.