Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 64 Comet Build for Sema.....Its build time....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Total Performance, Jan 10, 2011.

1. cyclonedoug

cyclonedoug
    from PA

Aaron- You mentioned one of the things that bums me out lately about the general car show public. I am astonished when folks don't look out for own their key rings, watches etc when they are checking out the cars.

I have gotten to the point where I keep the windows rolled up because people are leaning in pointing within the interior not noticing their beltbuckles or metal watchbands were aimed and ready to scratch up the paint.

I have lost faith in people when I see them run their hands down a show car for no reason at all. It's not all of them mind you, just enough to make my skin crawl...

2. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

Thanks alot for the support!

I chose the bedliner material for a few reasons. Firstly on the underside of the car it is VERY tough material that is easy to clean and if I need to remove or repair it it is somewhat easy to work with and patch without a trace. Another reason is the sound deadening quality of the material. It works well at half the weight. Another reason is the car was an undercoated car from the factory so I decided to redo it albeit in another material, i'm sure we've all worked with that tar crap. When it gets hot or a chemical hits it it melts onto other parts and exhaust components. The liner wont do that, its alot cleaner and stays that way. Plus I can hose it down and achieve a "like new" look if need be.

Thanks ec164!

Total Perf-

3. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

cyclonedoug this ones for you then.

I was sitting outside on set up day this year at SEMA (Monday) and was really wondering if I had made the right choice in passing up the outside spot. Well, that lasted about 2 minutes when out of the blue a few guys from the street rode their bikes through the multitudes of really priceless cars that no doubt some builder someplace spent many sleepless nights and long days working on. I was soooo pissed. About the time I was going to snap a pic of their stupidness for the sole purpose of posting on this forum the guy in the pic below lost control of his bike and slammed into a custom euro supercar in the Dub area. By the time I got over their they were gone. Also gone was any doubt that I may have had in my decision. Seldom in life do we get that type of affirmation and so quickly. YESSSS!

But seriously! What an idiot in this pic...........

Total Perf-

Attached Files:

• 035.JPG
      035.JPG
      File size:
      449 KB
      Views:
  4. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

Hey guys- Here are a few pics of the Engine going in the car. I'll have a few installation notes on the next post.

Total Perf-

Attached Files:

5. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

The shop lights make the Mercury Valve Covers look more yellow than gold. Those babies are very gold though!

Anyhow, I used the adjustable engine mounts of Ron Morris for this application. These move the engine down for clearance of the valve covers as well as help with the center of gravity for handling and overall driveability. We have more room for the Wilwood master that an original 66-67 Fairlane would have in a big block FE application. I was very pleased with the fitment all around. Furthermore we were able to move the engine front and back and that came into play when installing the AOD trans. The AOD has a larger bell housing flange and a larger "bulge" in the converter area. The mounts made it poss for us to avoid any trans tunnel fab as well as any fitment issues. Yeah! to Ron Morris!

Also to note is we had to drop the trans in seperate for our application. I wanted to avoid any paint damage as well as with so many variables I wanted to take it one step at a time. For all the time we spent making it all fit we probably saved twice as much in any issues we may have had to deal with.

Total Perf-

Attached Files:

6. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

At this point the car was getting ready for Denny to do the interior and add some of the special touches that we had in store for the inside of the car. But first I had to finish the headers and trans install. Then it would be ready to roll over to Denny booth about four bays down from the Psyclone's bay.

First though Denny had to finish the top on the convert and finish the complete interior on this 53 Corvette. This car is going to be featured at the Peterson Museum. It's the #18 car in 53. Cool ride and Denny is doing a great job bringing it up to factory original specs.

I'll include a pic of the console we are using in the Psyclone. This will be one of those modern features though trust me its going to be VERY cool and be made to fit the car completely. Modern Classic Interiors, Mike, www.modernclassicinteriors.com did a great job of doing a custom console for us just as we wanted it done. Thanks Mike!

I'll post the complete interior shortly. I'm trying to go back and do them all in order!

Total Perf-

Attached Files:

7. 2dr_sedan

2dr_sedan

8. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

Bump this beast until it see some updates!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. mattrod68

mattrod68

i'm knee deep into the wiring, which is no small feat with the main harness, airride and FAST efi. maybe he'll throw some updates up but i warned him it would be closed pretty quickly if he did.

im headed down there tonight for some 'lectrical fun, ill remind him again.

matt

10. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

What happened?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

12. 65COMET

65COMET

It seems to have fallen through the cracks!!! Loss of ambition?Loss of MONEY?It just disappeared!!!! ROY.

13. I know this is old, did it ever get done?

kabinenroller and loudbang like this.