Register now to get rid of these ads!

64 Chev or 64 Ford Truck which do you prefer?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lrs30, Jul 29, 2010.

1. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Ok I have a chance to gain one or the other, I am trading my 1990 Fat Boy for one or the other (unless a nice 57 Ford Fleetside Shows up before next week:D).. The 64 Chev is a fleet side solid truck , hokey interior out of a Van or some shit, but a solid runner with a 350/350 combo, bagged in the front, flat black, has the original seat and steering wheel as extra parts that come with.blah blah blah. The 64 Ford is a long bed with a, I believe an 352 and a 3 speed (will double check) it is a solid amatuer resto, but good interior its stock looking and re-done decent paint and detailed, but it is a long bed.. I am partial to the Chev but the Ford seems to be a nicer truck out of the gate...Gonna work on pics here in a few .... Thanks for your time guys, just curious about some input ..

2. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

I prefer the Chevy but then I have one so I guess I am prejudice...

3. 65PANELRAT

65PANELRAT

General Motors Baby! Hands Down!

4. dudley32

dudley32

all things being equal ...I'd always go for the short bed...if you get tired of it ,
    it will move a lot faster...d32

5. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

I just got pics of the Ford it is a SHORT BED.... THIS IS A GOOD THING! All things being said, I like the Chev better body style wise, but the FORD is by far a better looking truck, all around... I will try to get pics up//

6. dudley32

dudley32

o.k. you're back where you started from...

7. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Ford. The C-10's are everywhere.

8. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

9. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Hey! FOMOCO and a shortbed? GRAB IT!

10. Friend don't let friends drive Fords. Guess I'm more than a little biased myself.

Either way unless your fat boy is totally thrashed you will be money ahead to sell the hawg and buy the truck of your choice.

There's actually a reason for that. Its not because the fords were all used up on the stock car circuit. ;)

11. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Here in KY the Fat Boy has been forsale for ever and at a fair price, it is a NICE bike, they only made 4400 of these when they came out, That and no one has any cash here, the market suck for used HArley's here... Thats why I am trading it...Yhea its a REAL NICE TRUCK SHORTBOX FLEETSIDE. NEEDS NOTHING.. I hope to have it by Sunday.. Now I just need to lower it......

12. Zack Methvin

Zack Methvin
    BANNED

There is only one choice here, LOL. The 64 Chevy.

13. Jax2A

Jax2A

The Ford gets my vote.

14. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

Around these parts 60s Fords out number Chevies at least 3 to 1. I think Chevys rusted out faster. I am partial to Fords myself but when it comes to old vehicles I believe you should get what ever knocks your socks off. If you just ain't feelin' the Ford I wouldn't get it if I were you.

15. Mattilac

Mattilac

I own a 64 Ford shortbed. I love it. But out of the box the Chevy is better designed in almost every aspect. :mad:

Go Ford if you're a hot rodder. Go Chevy if you just want to bolt on aftermarket stuff.

16. Real men don't wear Bow ties

just sayin

17. It's a personal choice deal. There are substantial differences between ford and chevy like :
    Fords still had an I-beam axle with kingpins in '64...chevys had a-arm suspension with coils and ball joints. Chevs hald a 12 bolt salsbury rear axle with a stamped steel back plate...spicer style and ford still used a drop-out 3rd member...a big strong 9 inch rear. Chevys were 6 lug and ford was the more common [since the model-A days] 5 lug pattern. Chevys had a trailing-arm rear suspension while ford stuck with the parallel leafs...both good designs.
    I don't see any advantages for either brand except styling which is personal preference...except one small detail...only ford had the optional one-piece body with cab and box as one piece.
    6 cylinder and V/8 engines were available for both trucks.

18. deVco

deVco

Thats what I was say'n....... Drop it in the winners circle.:D

19. Muttley

Muttley

The Chevy is a much better looking truck IMO.

20. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

No, Little Boys Wear Bowties... :D

21. Go for the Chev. Better styling. I kinda can't stand the 61-66 F100s unless they have the top of the line trim or a nice paint job.

22. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are the trucks in question And sorry the Chevy is a 63

23. dudley32

dudley32

can you swap the hog for both????

honestly the ford looks good...d32

24. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Two different owners... DAMN! I like the way you think.. My wife is about to kill me, this will make our 5th vehicle She keeps saying that something has to go, I just don't think she wants to hear the answer....""teasing honey"

25. Well...you didn't say it was a Y-block...that changes my answer plus the Ford is re-sale red.

26. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Lower that Ford and change the wheels,then run it. It looks clean. Chevy looks alright too.

27. choppedsled

choppedsled
    from Spokane WA

Personally I love the early Chevy's, Fords of those years just don't do it for me. But it is also a financial decision. I'd pick the cleaner, most solid of the two and don't look back.

28. Ohter than the late model wheels, that Ford is Cherry Pie!

29. The '63 has modern suspension but still has the cool knee-knocker cab.
    Same front end was used from 1963 until 1987.
    its easy to add disk brakes that way.
    Trailing arm rear ride nice.
    Parts are easy to come by and reasonable.

a 1963 Short Fleetside is a good find.
    Now if it only came as a unibody like the 1961-63 Fords.