Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 64/65 Comets old drag cars lets see pictures

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by apound, Feb 17, 2009.

1. powrshftr

powrshftr

Baaaaaahahahahahaaaaaaa!!!!!!!
    That's a pretty ruthless burn Roy!:)
    Any replies Dale...?
    We need to turn this into a battle in print leading up to the next race,much like the "Cam Grinder Wars" of the '60's...!:)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. 65COMET

65COMET

Scott;I'm trying!!! Dale started it by saying he was going to whip my light blue 65,so far not even close!!!Maybe if he put about 15% Nitro in the tank he may get close!! ROY.

3. Roy, how'd you like eagle field? gotta to watch you run and I do like how it runs.

4. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

What Roy keeps on leaving out of conversations is how much of his car is fiberglass!! I still run steel bumpers!!! My car is street legal! Oooops. So is Roy's. Cross that one off!! Okay, he DOES have more cubic inches than I do!!

I've been fighting trying to fit up the new Crites bumpers , but am rushing, and I need to shelve them until after we get back. I have to "bob" the ends on the front due to the re-arching of the front wheel opening, and since everyone "thinks" its a show car (I hate hearing that, as I NEVER built it to sit at a show all day long!!!)

But- I am so looking forward to our Reunion! For our group, its truly a gathering of gearheads. Bring firewood for the campfire, 'cause I'm sure ol' Roy will spin some TALL TALES!!!!!

5. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

All I know is there is a Couple Colorado Racers that are loading up there cars this weekend . Ready to roll next Wed. To Crash that Party at CHHR.

Ka Chow

[​IMG]

6. 65COMET

65COMET

Yes,I have fiberglass pieces but they are NOT the lightweight race parts,my Comet with my fat ass in the seat is about 3300 lbs!I told Dale NOT to use the 65 front bumper on his 64,they are totally different!He also seems to forget that HE started all this by saying his 351W with a girlie trans was going to beat my 418W 4-Speed,NOT!!! ROY.

7. 65COMET

65COMET

Big Mike;Eagle Field was KOOL,really Old School,HOT,DIRTY,lots of Giant bugs and a LONG,ROUGH tow [6+ hours each way]!!Rocky and his all volunteer crew do a great job of keeping it running but it is really meant for Old School Hot Rods not Drag Cars! The place is all dirt[MUD] except the Drag Strip and shutdown area,NO TRACTION,it was just as I expected,a lot of fun,a lot of cool old cars,just not really my kind of racing! ROY.

8. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

So- thats why it does not fit....;)

9. borrowed this from eagle fields thread
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1381551184.997503.jpg

10. 65COMET

65COMET

bigmike;I walked around the corner of my trailer after helping my friends unload their cars and saw the model and photographer and his helper were taking pictures,I was totally surprised!!They are supposed to send me some pictures!! ROY.

11. well, there's one for ya!

12. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

Attached Files:

13. 65COMET

65COMET

Myron;KRAZY stuff there!!! I think that 65 Comet was at Famoso last year or maybe this years March Meet!! I am OLD ya know,CRS has set in!! ROY.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  14. ec164

ec164
    from MI

Nice Bootie shot Roy!

Good Luck this wk.end Roy,Mike,Dale,Ken and everyone from here with a Ford or Mercury showing up at CHRR. Will be nice to have more racing action to read about and maybe a video or two........Al

15. 65COMET

65COMET

Al;Ken and Dale are the Kings of Video!!There is talk of an all 9 second quick 16,if this is true,the rest of us will become spectators,which SUCKS,I do not make a good spectator!!! ROY.

16. ec164

ec164
    from MI

Has anyone heard if it ended up a all 9 sec. field?........Al

17. One straight axle dodge launched, did a giant wheel stand and when it car bac to earth, snapped the I beam straight axle. One 9second car out. Also today the super cyclone (427 hilborn injected on alcohol) launched a rod out the oil pan, another 9 second car out. I think out of 16 cars 13 are in the 9's

18. last I heard, Roy was on the bubble. Did Roy make it in? The last run I saw of Dale's was a 10.93 I believe.

19. MD1320guy

MD1320guy

Chrr

Attached Files:

20. ec164

ec164
    from MI

Great shots MD1320, Thanks.......AL

21. Those are awesome pictures!!! Thanks for posting. Could I get the file for the falcon so I can frame it?

22. MD1320guy

MD1320guy

fiveoh108

That is a pic from the Bangshift "Saturday Door Cars" album that I cropped in tighter on the car. I will try to pm my copy to you.....Mike

23. 65COMET

65COMET

A LOT of the 9 second cars came back on the Roll-Back Tow Trucks,not many 9 second cars left,a couple Fairlanes,a couple of MOPARS,I think the bubble turned out to be a 10.61,I qualified with a 10.33! I went out first round when The Comet decided to do a GIANT wheelstand,spent too much time looking at the sky,! went 10.40 on a 10.25,he went 10.10 on a 10.0,caught me at the first MPH stripe!Dale ran his first 10,went 10.93!! ROY.

24. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

[​IMG]

Damn! Did we have a good time or WHAT!!!! Alot of carnage and alcohol consumed, but good times prevailed! Like I say, come out to CHRR, hang with the Comet and Falcon boys if you ever can.WE have alot of living legends that race with us (thats you, Roy!) We were all totally humbled when Bill Schresberry hisself came over to relax with us for a bit and share his wisdom and thoughts, and a few GREAT stories!!

25. 65COMET

65COMET

Dale;after looking at that picture[many times],I think you need to stiffen up that old unibody,WAY too much flex!!!I know a welder that should be able to do the work!!!! ROY.

26. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

The Monroe-Matics from O'Reilly's might need to be upgraded....... Airshocks in the back should also help out as well.....:p

27. 65COMET

65COMET

Dale;look at the angle of the engine,I think that may be where the fan/radiator made naughty with each other!Time for an engine limiter like FE was talking about!! I can not find any photos of my wheelstand,BUMMER!! ROY.

28. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

No need, Roy. Just go onto Bangshift live. about 8 minutes in, all hell breaks loose!

29. 65COMET

65COMET

Dale;I've seen the video many times,what little I can on this sloooooooow borrowed computer,what I get to see is jumbled up! I am looking for any stills of it,there were a zillion photographers there,but who were they,and who were they shooting for? ROY.

30. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

www.maxcacklephotos.com

I'll ask Mike as well. They gave out very few photo credentials this year, to not crowd out the starting line. We'll find something.

By the way, I received confirmation for the World Finals!!!

For those of the Comet World wondering, both Roy and I have asked to make a pass down Pomona's famous quarter mile, the week of the World Finals, on NHRA's Career and Opportunity Day. An honor I consider very high!!!! Thanks again Roy, for saying """"YES"""" on my behalf!!!