Register now to get rid of these ads!

64-65 Chevelle drag cars... Photo Thread!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by earon1964, May 6, 2011.

1. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Sold my drag car, got some piecrust slicks for the 64 to run the pie crust event at Rock Falls Fall Out Drags :)
    .You find out all the weak links of your car on the track ;) 1964 1.jpg 1964 4.jpg

2. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I may have written about this in a prior post.
    Found the weak link right in the driveway on my very first test burnout in my 65.
    I bought it as a roller from a guy that started building it to race and apparently he had not tightened the rearend down when converting to leaf springs and on the first test it spun the housing and spit the driveshaft out in the driveway, glad it didnt happen at the track. When I did make my first run on the strip (night race) I discovered another thing the guy left for me to find out about, he had put a Porsche recling bucket seat in that did not stay locked and when I shifted into second gear it released putting me where the back seat would be.
    Needless to say that car got a complete checkout after that experience.

427 sleeper and Tickety Boo like this.
  3. Bob Lowry

Bob Lowry

My '65, sleeper style for street racing, L79 327"...lots of fast fun....

malibu 6.JPG malibu 2.JPG

4. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Thank You Elcohaulic, the front tires are 205/75r/15.
    Going to be a year or so before the 56 gasser that I am working on is ready, so this one fills the bill to still attend nostalgia events. :rolleyes:
    Weak link found is the mostly stock 700r4 transmission kept slipping worse with every round :oops: the fluid don't smell burnt yet and it works fine when not abusing it on the street.
    So mulling over learning how to build a performance 700r4 automatic transmission.

5. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Deuces likes this.
  6. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Great Lakes Dragaway, 1974.

015.jpg