Register now to get rid of these ads!

63 Galaxie progress pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Topless Ford, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

Here I sit after an unfortunate injury and following surgery so I will post a few pics. Let me first say that this is the first bit of metalwork that I have ever attempted that required curves, bends, shrinking and stretching. I probably would have never attempted this stuff had I not found this site. I have read hundreds of progress threads and studied hundreds of photos. I was able to take a little bit from each one. This stuff took me quite a while to do as each bend and curve was something I had never attempted before. I think it came out ok but hints and tips are always appreciated.

Pass side inner fender battery tray
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

pass side core support

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Scott_A_R

Scott_A_R
    from Frisco, TX

I have no hints or tips to offer as I've not yet tried to tackle something like that but I'd say it looks very nice I'd I be tickled pink if my first attempt turns out half as good. As they say, an expert is someone who's done something correctly once so I'll say you're an expert 'cause it looks right to me!

4. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

driver side core support

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Muttley

Muttley

Nice work dude.

6. biscaynes

biscaynes

great fabbing?! keep the progress pictures coming!

7. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It is a sign of true crafsmanship that you are laboring to produce results that good looking on parts that no one may see. Keep it up

8. 4tford

4tford

Looks like you knew what you were doing. Nice work!

9. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

For a first timer looking really nice ! I don't think I would even come close to that.

10. raaf

raaf

my only advice to you is keep going! if this is where your starting, i think we'd all like to see where you're gonna end up. inspirational work.

...but i gotta ask...what's the condition of the rest of the car? :D

11. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

I'm no expert (Hell, I'm not even a novice) but that looks like some killer work!

12. Wow man! I've been fabbing up pieces for my own project and it's been hard bending and curving and your stuff is like 3000 times more intricate! Right on. Can't wait to see the final product. Good stuff!

13. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

Thanks for the kind words guys. I started and stopped this stuff several times as my enthusiasm far exceeded the available talent level. I just finally got the shrinker stretcher combo for the drivers side curvy piece. That was my first try with it, luckily it was an experiment that I ended up keeping. Besides that, just simple hand and hand made tools to get it done. I pay attention to all the little things folks on here post and it helped tremendously. I didn't ask many questions because I don't know what to ask.
    Anyhow, I am trying to learn and do my best where nobody will see so that when I get to door skins, fender patches and quarter panels, the car won't be as wavy as the gulf of mexico. The car is rough but there. I have had it since 1984 and it sat until last year. It wasn't anywhere near original and will never be so I don't feel bad about getting a little nuts with it. I wish I could draw......you'd love it.