Register now to get rid of these ads!

'63 Galaxie 500 project,everything seems to be falling in to place..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hooligan63, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

So,at the end of the month I will be picking up the new drivetrain(A 390 and C4 with 200 miles on rebuilt,complete all the way down to the steering pump and overfill tank from a '63 T-Bird),then off to get wiring and everything else at my buddy Kono's shop. Now,I had been hunting for photo's of the paint I had in mind,which the color will be something like what is on Meyer's '57 Caddy,but the roof is what I had been dwelling on. I wanted to do flake and lace,and had been hunting for a lace pattern when I spied some lace curtains in a storage bin in our garage. I asked my mom(her storage bin) about the curtains,and she said have at it if I could use them,so I dug them out of the bin. Well,they are in perfect condition,with an amazing rose pattern,which is how I came up with a name for the Galaxie now. The old gal will be Project:Black Rose. So,everything is starting to come together,and it seems to be falling in to place. Now,anyone want to trade two ounces of good sized silver flake for 4 ounces of Black Cherry micro flake?

2. how about a pic or two

3. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Of the lace? Can do tomorrow. There's pics of the car already on here.

4. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Here's pics of the lace we're going to use once it's ready for paint

Attached Files:

5. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

where's the pics of the car?

6. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

If the 390/auto is from a '63 T-bird, it probably has a Cruise-o-matic transmission, not a C4 (or C6, for that matter). I don't think they ever made a C4 that would bolt to an FE...

Pics, please!! :)

Malcolm

7. James66g

James66g

I am with Malcom probly the same cruiseamatic that I have 3 speed highway rolllin goodness .........so lets see the ride

8. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Pics helllooooo.
    That lace is the baddest. Your Mom must be very cool.
    I think lace roofs are the best. The 61 Galaxie will be getting that treatment too.

9. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

10. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Meh,either way it will all fit in my car.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  11. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

I recently found a new go to guy for my parts for the Galaxie,and I asked him about skirts. He said he has a pair of Foxcraft '63 skirts in the original primer,all steel,straight with no rust he'd sell me for $125. I told him to hold them until I get the new motor and trans dropped in,because I can't pass up a deal on a pair of skirts I've been scoured the Earth for since I got this car.

Since I'm still planning everything out while gathering money for parts and motor and trans,etc.,I decided to get an idead for what color I'm going for.

Body color is a toss up between this:
    [​IMG]

Or this:

[​IMG]

(Jeff,if you see this could you tell me the formula for your paint,and maybe a quality picture of the roof of your Caddy?)

Then something like this for the roof,but utilizing my color scheme and lots of good ol' flake and my rose floral pattern:
    [​IMG]

12. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

13. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Here's the new motor that will be going in next month:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

390 with what looks to be a Cruise-O-Matic (Both rebuilt with 200 miles on them)although I was told it was a C4,both out of the same 1963 Thunderbird. Looks like the trans I just got rid of. Anyways,the guy I'm picking it up from is also throwing in a rebuilt radiator for it,and some extra dress up goodies(Original Thunderbird script valve covers and a finned Edelbrock air cleaner,new belts,etc.)

14. lesabre59

lesabre59

Body color is a toss up between this:
    [​IMG]

WOW...MY OLD '46 CHEVY TRUCK....I built this truck back in '99. The color is a factory Chrysler 1988 Minivan Black Cherry, the paint i used was Dupont Centari Acrylic Enamel. The interior wasnt white leather, that was done after i sold it in 2005. Where was this pic taken, the last I heard it was in Mississippi???

15. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Check your inbox Lesabre59

16. 64sled

64sled

Badass

can't wait to see the finished product :)

17. lesabre59

lesabre59

Thankss Hooligan63

18. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Hey Lesabre59,did you ever contact the current owner of your truck?

Well,here's an update,got the motor back to my place finally. With the deal,I got the motor,trans,original T-Bird valve covers,Edelbrock script valve covers,Edelbrock black finned air cleaner,re-cored rust free original radiator,plus the overfill tank/alternator/power steering pump are all there and line up perfect,I just need a dual belt water pump pulley. If anyone has one for a 390 from 1963,let me know. There's a few things I need to change. I need new motor mounts to fit the Galaxie,and a new trans mount,then I can drop it in.

19. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Here's the new motor and trans:
    [​IMG]

20. Philbilly

Philbilly

21. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

The paint on the caddy is house of kolor wild cherry, over the galaxie grey, it looks different in person then what you ee in that pic. it is very hard to photo the right color. i don't know why it wont shoot right. the roof is red fireball mini flake over the galaxie grey,then I wild cherried the whole car at the same time. thats why the top looks the same but changes in different light. and there are scallops on inside each fin and down the top of the fenders done just like the roof.

22. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

heres a few more pics

Attached Files:

23. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Damn Jeff,if I could afford one of your paint jobs,I'd have this one sent to you,but alas,I'm a broke bastard that only clears 800 a month before bills. Thinks for all the color info though. If you could PM me the mix ratios on everything with color codes so I can pass them to the guy that's going to paint my Galaxie,it would be much appreciated. By the way,Brenda lost your number,so if you want,I can PM you her new number. Giver her a call,her frame cracked on the '34.

24. TMoney

TMoney

I love '63s and LOVE the look of a nice, clean FE.

25. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Still waiting for certain parts before I drop the motor in. I don't know if the mailman,UPS,or Fed Ex people hate me,or if someone is stealing my shit off of my door step,but I ordered my throttle linkages and kickdown rod from a guy in Sylmar,and still haven't received them.

Last edited: May 9, 2010
  26. jester5388

jester5388

is that caddy the one built by the austin speed shop...noticed it was at the roundup

27. TheFish

TheFish

Sweet Galaxie! Real Nice!

28. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

No,the Caddy was built and belongs to Jeff Myers of Beatniks C.C. who is a member here under the name Finkd

29. Looks like a great build in the making. But do me a favor, plug up that gaping pie-hole in the intake manifold! I get the heebie jeebies when I see stuff like that.

When I was 19, I bought a car less the carb, turned out that one of the carb nuts went down the intake and bashed a hole in a piston when I got it running.

Bob

30. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Well,it's on blocks in my garage,and covered,so no worries about anything getting in the intake or anywhere else.