Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '63 Ford Falcon 2-door sedan build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boulderdash, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Boulderdash

Boulderdash

Wow, getting on a year since I updated last.
    In that time I've replaced the front floor pans/footwells, as they consisted of a sour cocktail of pop riveted road sign, asphalt tar and newspaper. I made a bead roller from scratch last year, so this was indispensable when forming the beads and joggles in the replacement floor sections. (I have been tempted to start a build thread for the bead roller, but I've seen the masterwork of other HAMBers with their bead rollers and my efforts would hardly stack up against well in comparison.)
    I've sprayed the engine bay, refurbished the heater, rebuilt the 8" (waiting to buy gears still, probably 3.55s), repaired the rusty C-pillars, and sold the aforementioned 5.0 block and bought another one, still on standard bore, which is in better shape and came with GT40 heads.
    Over Christmas I've been tackling the rear valance and back panel. It was dented in from the past crash damage, so I completely cut out the wonky section rear crossmember, straightened it on the bench, replaced any rotten metal and welded it back in. Until this was straightened, it would keep pulling the quarter and rear panel in and nothing would ever line up.
    DSCN3531.JPG DSCN3552.JPG DSCN3557.JPG DSCN3560.JPG DSCN3572.JPG DSCN3475.JPG DSCN3472.JPG DSCN3480.JPG DSCN3522.JPG

warhorseracing likes this.
  2. Boulderdash

Boulderdash

3. Boulderdash

Boulderdash