Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 63 Falcon Gasser (South East Gassers)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sonic03bluegt, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Watched the thread and enjoyed watchin' it run man, great job!! Good lookin' car too. I saw y'all were workin' on the trans or shifter a bit before loadin' 'er up, hope nothin' serious. Good luck man, hope to see it at SIM!

2. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

3. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

Thanks Enloe. Saw that this morning. Ordering a hightower transmission and having a new driveshaft made this week. Should be at steel in motion ready to go!

Dog_Patch likes this.
  4. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I WISH I WAS GOING BUT HAVE TO CONSERVE MY FUNDS

5. Cool, Steel in Motion bound! Oooo, goin' for the Hightower huh. You can always set your 'brotha can ya spare a dime' donation box on your trailer. LOL! Lookin' forward to watchin' 'er run again.

els likes this.
  6. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

I really don't have the cash for the hightower but it looks like about the only viable option especially given the short time frame I have to procure a transmission. It should be here by the end of the week and fulton finished up my driveshaft today. Sucks that I have twice the money in a transmission that I do an engine lol

els likes this.
  7. rawcjw19

rawcjw19

Sonic followed your build on the Falcon, looks great! Hope to see it at Byron. You finished that fast, I am beginning to think I am not going to have mine ready on time. Seems to take me 10 times longer than I think it should to do anything

els likes this.
  8. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

Thanks! It really kicked my butt. There were a lot of days I worked 9 hrs at my regular job and 9+ on the falcon. Just keep pushing. I want to see it at meltdowns !

els, Dog_Patch and loudbang like this.
  9. For what we are doing it really is the only thing that will take this kind of abuse. I have been down the hopped up TKO600 road before and its a great street trans but not for racing like this. You will love it and have the piece of mind that you won't trash it. It will be money well spent. There really is no savings in breaking $1000 transmissions every weekend.

els, sonic03bluegt and Quain Stott like this.
  10. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

[​IMG]
    bought a tow rig for the southern flyer on the cheap the other day. Loaded and ready to go to Steel in Motion
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thought I would include a couple pics of the girlfriend since she looks better than the car and has been dressing up in her 60's ish attire for the races
    [​IMG]
    Pic I found of me running Alley Cat at SIM this past weekend. He ended up getting around me before the stripe but the old ford gave him a good run!

els, Dog_Patch, BHoover and 1 other person like this.
  11. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

Hightower shifted flawlessly at union as well and I believe the pair of 660's I put on picked the car up a little, we will know in Knoxville when the clocks are on

els and AHotRod like this.
  12. AHotRod

AHotRod

The Girlfriend :) ... motorhome and car all look great !

els and sonic03bluegt like this.
  13. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You are really a lucky guy. A great car and a lovely girlfriend.

14. Saw your car at Steel in Motion this past weekend. Looks great, runs great. Nice to see a young guy pulling gears.

15. loudbang

loudbang

Wow a nice car like yours AND a pretty woman too.

els likes this.
  16. The car looks good going down the track! It will be fun to see what our times are at Knoxville on the 30th. I know we are both getting a little faster :)

els and Quain Stott like this.
  17. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

If everybody else go ahead and be looking at the times, cars and motor-homes, I'll be looking at his Girl.

18. He's one big dude - I'm trying not to get caught looking :rolleyes:

els, Quain Stott and II FUNNY like this.
  19. glrbird

glrbird

Thanks! It really kicked my butt. There were a lot of days I worked 9 hrs at my regular job and 9+ on the falcon. Just keep pushing. I want to see it at meltdowns !

Working those kind of hrs on a racecar and you STILL have a girlfriend, must be a keeper

els, beast351, loudbang and 1 other person like this.
  20. theman440

theman440
    from Las Vegas

A race car and a pretty girl what else could a guy want!

els likes this.
  21. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

posted pics from Knoxville there is a link to the thread in my signature.

els likes this.
  22. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

Figured it was about time for a little update.
    Here are a couple of pics of the toploader it broke at greer[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bought a cheap motorhome to use as a tow rig and really didn't have much time to test it before Knoxville so I headed off and hoped for the best. It made it up the mountain but barely, carb wasn't working right at all but after a few roadside fixes it limped on in. On the way home I lost two tires( the best two on the motorhome) which both happened to be fronts about ten miles apart. The first one blowing was the wildest ride I had all weekend! Limped it two miles down the road and luckily there was a Walmart, so I got two new tires and limped it back home. Have spent all week fixing wires that the tires ripped out when they came apart, working on a quadrajet, and have new tires on the way. Hopefully itll be running right for the meltdowns lol
    [​IMG]
    A few shots from this weekend
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Planning to limit the frontend so it hangs the wheels a little higher by shadyside!

els, tylercrawford, Dog_Patch and 5 others like this.
  23. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

Hightower trans is still working flawlessly and I shave 3 tenths off of my e.t. between the trans and the pair of 660's. New motor is hopefully in the works!

els, Dog_Patch and Johnboy34 like this.
  24. AHotRod

AHotRod

Thanks for keeping us up on pictures and stories ..... Rooting for ya buddy!!!

els likes this.
  25. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

Picked up a new motor for the car today! Plan to have it in this week, I will post pics as progress is made

els likes this.
  26. Wow ! Go man go! I would feel pretty under the gun to do an engine swap with 5 days till the next race. You'll probably be done by Wednesday .....

When does the gate open this Saturday?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
    els, sonic03bluegt and enloe like this.
  27. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

Not sure on the gates Tony, I'll ask Quain this evening if I stop by his shop. Yeah, Im hoping to be test firing the new engine tomorrow evening as long as there is no major setbacks. It should be reasonably straight forward lol

els likes this.
  28. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Don't miss the South East Gassers at Shady Side Drag Way in Shelby NC this Saturday June 20th. First round of qualifying at 5 o'clock.

29. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

bad news... the new engine wont work in the car. It physically fits but it is hitting every steering component and i think the frame would have to be re-done from the firewall forward as well since the cleveland ports exit more downward and the windsor thats in it exits at 90 degrees almost. I'll try to get some pics up of the problems in the next couple of days, but i'm pretty bummed about it. Big thanks go out to Jimmy Huff for putting in all the hours building it for me in record time. I couldn't ask for a nicer guy to be racing against and to call a friend.

els, AHotRod, Dog_Patch and 1 other person like this.