Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 63 Falcon Gasser (South East Gassers)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sonic03bluegt, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Awesome! Bring a Large for me and a Medium for Jack on Saturday :)

els likes this.
  2. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

Nice T's. How wide are your front wheels?

els likes this.
  3. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

Thanks! They are 4"

els likes this.
  4. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

Gotta round me up a pair. I have 6" slots right now, till I come up with something else.

els likes this.
  5. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

IF i can find a decent buy on a set of magnesium wheels in the future i will sell you mine! I missed a deal on a set of rear mag wheels last week

els and Higgy's Henry like this.
  6. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

Sounds good!!

els likes this.
  7. Gotta be on the lookout for mag all the time and buy when you can. It may be a year before you need them but you can't expect to find them when you need em. I have a set of spindle mount 12 spokes. Why? o_O I don't know ... yet ....

8. Bag the mag when you can! Marc & I got a set of 5 spoke spindle mounts last year for Ford spindle. We don't need em yet, but we think they're bitchen, and they had a cherry set of old Pirelli's mounted on them & the price was right. You can always barder/trade for something else. We also got a nice set of 4 3/4 x 5 14 x 6 mag 5 spokes like dad, and lots of cars ran in the front back in the day, and these were cheap because they weren't 15 x 4's.

els, Dog_Patch and sonic03bluegt like this.
  9. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

[​IMG]
    I've spent the last couple of weeks cleaning on my pit bike. From the best i can tell it was made in 68 or 69, so not exactly early enough for the SEG but close enough. It was a christmas present to my father when it was new. Took right around 30hrs to get it detailed back up. All of the original stickers still survive and nothing has been repainted. Just cleaned and polished.
    On another note, the falcon continues to get faster, I qualified #6 at the Union race behind some very fast cars

els, Higgy's Henry, loudbang and 5 others like this.
  10. I can remember riding those in the alley behind my house in like '70

els and sonic03bluegt like this.
  11. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

I figure this one hasn't ran until last night since probably 1973 or so. Cleaned the carb, added some fuel and cleaned the points and it busted right off

els likes this.
  12. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Man I wanted one of those bad when I was young and my dad said that those small tires would get me hurt.

els, sonic03bluegt and loudbang like this.
  13. Man, that's a nice 'un there Gabe!! It'll be a blast.

14. AHotRod

AHotRod

Any updates on your Gasser or Mini Bike?
    Any videos of it running at the track ( or at the local drive in malt shop)?

els likes this.
  15. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

i have a couple of decent in car videos, but i have no idea how to upload them. Got the mini bike finished up and its parked waiting for its first trip to the races. Tried to go run at paradise in calhoun, ga. last weekend but got rained out. Ended up just hanging out and shooting the breeze with dogpatch and 3dnsouth and then making the long drive back home. Hoping to make a couple more passes before winter since im going to be missing the greer race due to plans i had made prior to deciding to build a gasser

els likes this.
  16. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

How much do you charge to rent that little falcon per pass for the Greer race

els, 55belairx2 and Dog_Patch like this.
  17. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Now your talking we need it there. Y'all make a deal.

18. [​IMG]

He almost fits ....

els, sonic03bluegt and Quain Stott like this.
  19. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

Yep if only my legs were six inches shorter! Instead i look like Lurch

els and loudbang like this.
  20. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Couple of pics i took of tim's roadster and the pickup, i love them both. Also included is a picture of the Southern Flyer in front of Quick and Dirty, the cars are just more used to pictures that way!

21. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

You Rang

els, loudbang and sonic03bluegt like this.
  22. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

Gabe, I was on racingjunk dot com......Whats up?!!!!!!!

els likes this.
  23. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

I had thought about selling the car for a couple of weeks to build a lighter car so that i could be competitive with the top cars. I have decided to put it off a year and will campaign the Southern Flyer again next year, although i hope to pick up a few tenths of a second over winter. In my heart i really want a super light weight, small cubic inch, 10k rpm+ car, but it will have to wait a while

els, Higgy's Henry and 3dnsouth like this.
  24. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

This winter i plan on swapping front axles for a lighter version, loosing the front drums in favor of lightweight discs, and swapping rear brakes to lightweight racing versions as well. I will also change the rear leaf springs out in favor of coil springs to save weight as well. I also am going to attempt to port a tunnel ram to actually match the ports on my heads. [​IMG]
    This is currently the intake runner size compared to the head port size, which i assume is hurting power output quite a bit
    [​IMG]
    got the old axle out
    [​IMG]
    new axle ready to go in. Notice that this axle mounts under the leafs and the old one mounts over the leafs so i am hoping to be able to remove a couple of leaves from each side as well

els, 91whitestang, AHotRod and 3 others like this.
  25. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

[​IMG]
    new axle under the car for a test fit, it will also space the front wheels out a little wider, which i think will make the car look better. I love the look of the I beam front axle but i am trying to do everything i can to shed some weight this winter

26. All good moves man. That baby is gonna be quick...er!!!

27. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I hope you got the family discount!

28. Getting away from drum brakes too! Gotta save some pounds there. Who made that axle? My Speedway axle is bent now that the wheel stands are happening regularly ;)

29. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

Whew! I gotta get off my ass!

30. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

That is Quain's old axle, believe it or not the track width of the willy's is going to work as well as the spring pads worked out to be close enough to make it work.

els likes this.