Register now to get rid of these ads!

63-66 C10 Drop Springs?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bodi, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Hey all,

Just wanting to know from those who have done it....

How much of a drop spring on the front of a 64 C10 will work before I need to worry about camber. I don't want to do spindles, and I don't want to fool with bags. Just want to get it a bit lower.

Could I go a 3" front / 5" rear without any front camber problems?

How much drop have you guys gone in the front without getting spindles?

Also, if you could share some tire sizes with me that would be handy.

I'm running 30"x9.50"x15s on later Chevy truck rallyes. I'm wondering if a 3/5 would make them rub like heck.

Thanks

2. cfish50chevy

cfish50chevy

Yes the 3" front you will have no troubles at all..the rear however you will bottom out after you pass the 4" mark. Even with the 4" drop in the rear speed bumps will get you and forget about putting any kind of a load in the bed..wont happen. A simple 6" pipe cut in half long ways becomes the perfect C-10 C-Notch! Its super easy to cut and weld in and can be done in a few hours in your garage..or have someone do it..youll be VERY happy you did. Then you can start to looking into an extra inch or so if you need it. Good luck!

3. Take the wayback machine to 1990....

Here's a Blazer I converted from a 4X4 then lowered with cut coils. (same suspension as your C10) I think I cut 1-1/2 coils but don't remember for sure. 8" rallys in the front and 10" in the back.

It did hit the bumpstops which I trimmed to about 1/2 of the original thickness. You will have camber issues after the drop but an alignment will bring it within tolerance.

[​IMG]

Like cfish50 chevy said, you're gonna need a notch in the back for a 5" drop.