Register now to get rid of these ads!

62 ranchero 2bbl swap dististributor?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by leadsleadolds, Jul 27, 2009.

1. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

Im wanting to put the 2bbl weber on my 62 ranchero it has the 170 in it. From what Ive read so far there is a problem with this carb and the early LOM distributors (like it will run like crap)

Is my only option converting to that 350 dollar D.U.I. Distributor or is there another distributor that will work. I know the shaft width changed 60-64 have 1/4 and the 65-67 have 5/16 so I cant just swap to the later dist from what I read, but then again that book I got is about as clear as mud.

I've been all over the web and no luck so far thought this would be a pretty easy ?

2. George

George

I can't see off hand a conection, but have you looked @ Pertronix if you think an upgrade is needed?

3. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

It has something to do with a SCV (spark control valve) its a modified vacuum signal I was told the pertronix kit will not help this problem, but the person who told me this I do not the utmost faith in.

4. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

all questions are answered at fordsix. they have an extensive file on the various dist.

5. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

I cant get on that site I pissed him off I guess I tried to sign up multiple times got no reply sent him an email that said "Can I join or should I go get a 302?" he got mad I apologized cause I was in a bad mood that day and was acting like an ass he didnt accept or just never read my apology so here I am.

I've done searches on there and still have not found the info Im looking for so if you know please help me out. Everywhere I go they say ask this forum its getting old thats why I was pissy when I couldnt become a member on fordsix. This is like day five of reading different people post different contradicting info.

Im getting old and bitter and bites me on the ass quite often. These computizing lookity boxes make me seem like a jerk I forget sarcasm looks just like being an asshole in print. You cant see my smart ass smile.

6. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds