Register now to get rid of these ads!

62 Pontiac clutch pedal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dexter The Dog, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Dexter The Dog

Dexter The Dog

Wondering if anyone has used a Canadian Clutch pedal assembly in an American Car. 1962 Catalina - Laurentian swap
    I'm guessing the Canadian units are the same as chev's as everything else was.

THe Canadian units have the brake hanging straight down on the right side of the column. American units I've seen have the brake curved around to the left of the column.
    Anyone had any luck with this?

2. gtowagon

gtowagon

I'm not positive but I think that the frames are different in the US Vs the Canadian pontiacs I know the Canadian built cars came with a Chevy engine. Could be the steering column is located in a slightly different position. I briefly owned a 62 Canadian Catalina with a factory 409 but never did any work on it

3. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

Here is a diagram from the 1961 US Pontiac parts manual, 1962 was the same:

[​IMG]

I don't have experience with the Canadian versions (or Chevys for that matter) but I suspect they're totally different. You can buy reproduction clutch pedal setups from Fabcraft Metalworks in Texas: http://fabcraftmetalworks.com/ If you're not worried about originality, their 1963-64 clutch pedal setup fits a 1962 car, works better and is less expensive.