Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 62 Impala Garage find.....Kinda out of my element...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Littleman, May 14, 2011.

1. ImForwardlook

ImForwardlook

I was a bit baffled by the thoughts what this particular car is worth...62 SS, complete, original, 409 dual quad and 4-speed, very desirable color combo...5 grand??? I'm not very well up to par regarding Chevys but that car is worth a lot more than that as a few getlemen here said. A very nice car indeed and an amazing find. Wouldn't be surprised at all if someone would offer $20-25K as it sits.

2. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

3. DamnYankeesKustoms

DamnYankeesKustoms

did you buy this car yet???

4. draggin'GTO

draggin'GTO

Agreed, I couldn't believe that anyone would think that this car would be worth anything less than what a decent '32 Ford 3-window would go for. :confused:

I seriously doubt that even 25K would buy this car.

5. Deuces

Deuces

6. ImForwardlook

ImForwardlook

True, all it needs is a guy that is seriously looking for a combo like this. Then the price might be quite a bit more. These don't surface every day. I wish I could afford it...have to look at the pics again:D

7. Hellbomb

Hellbomb
    from DC

When have you ever seen anything SO RED? The interior alone is remarkable. But he's got to scrape together the cash and convince the guy to sell it. Who knows what the seller's deal is.

8. If you said it just sold for $10,000 I wouldn't be at all surprised.

9. 61 chevy

61 chevy

i will buy the grab bar for 75.00, just send it to me

10. Muttley

Muttley

I thought she had a brand new, shiny red Super/Stock Dodge. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

11. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

Plus I thought Jan & Dean originally sang "Little Old Lady From Pasadena"and made it a hit.

12. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

I ♥ Impalas. You should definitely pick that one up. In a strong market, that's about fifty to sixty thousand dollar car, fully restored of course. However, in this economy, well, its anyone's guess really.

13. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

62 dual quad 409 engine and 4spd trans? Considering that a complete eng/trans assembly should bring well north of $10K, in a shitty economy yet, take it from there. A new World Products block is $6K, bare with upgrades. You're shoing us the whole deal. Pay the guy whatever he says. I'm betting what you pay for it will net one of those "...you suck/you crook/you fucked him..." posts, because judging by the garage and "care" it's recieved it should be a major score. Keep it or flip it, you can't go wrong. This whole story has that vibe to. Congrats..

14. I've seen date codes '62-'65 blocks alone go for over $5000.00. That car is worth a crap load more than $3-$6000.00!

15. Jay71

Jay71

16. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Yeah.......did you buy it yet? Wanna go halvies? Do you need some money? NIKE IT already!

17. Deuces

Deuces

Ain't nobody meaner!! I wonder if she still has that Dodge??? If so, she could sell it and make a ton of money then retire happy! :D:rolleyes:

18. Deuces

Deuces

My 45 sez Jan & Dean.... Song written be the Beach Boys..

19. Dino

Dino

Did you buy it yet?

20. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Turns out....he is not ready to sell it...eventhou he was the one that called me....I told him he needs to feel good about selling it and if he still feels the need to hang onto it then it's his choice his car..I did tell him I wanted to patch the holes in the garage to keep the animals out....Thanks for all the info on the car !.....I did not even attempt to talk him out of it...sounds like he has a health condition that just came to light, which sparked his original call to me. I did not know this until tonight in conversation. I know someone that took advantage of someone once when they were down and out...and I refuse to be that guy....Right now I believe if this car gives this guy the hope and dream to work on it again one day...he needs to keep it.....Life it too short !.....Thanks, Littleman

trulyvintage likes this.
  21. F&J

F&J

Good for you on that. I wish him luck on the health issue. Must have been interesting talking about the cars history.

22. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

You made the right call. Handling it the way you did he'll have nothing but positive thoughts concerning you and if it comes to selling it for real you'll be at the top of the list.

Frank

23. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Are you asking or teasing ? 409-4speed car.......GET REAL .
    "AND THE BOWTIE ROLLS ON"

24. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

BOWTIE BROWN

Dude,
    Littleman don't tease.....

Get real.......................

25. timbo

timbo
    from PA

yaawwwn.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

26. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

If I ever meet you in person I will shake your hand.
    :eek:

27. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

littleman, not to many guys would have taken that approach, and for that you get a pat on the back and a well deserved atta boy for being a stand up guy

28. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Good on ya littleman. Hopefully you'll be #1 on the list when he decides to sell. Now that you're on good terms (friends) with him, check in every once in awhile o see how he's doing.

Not sure of value, but I'd say the engine alone is worth more than 5 k.
    Original owner, low mileage, matching # 409 4 speeds just don't pop up for small $.
    Clean that thing up, assemble it with all original parts/get it running and have all the documentation along with some 8x10's of him drag racing it back in the day on display and let the muscle car colectors at Barrett-Jackson get into a bidding war!

29. I agree thats stand up,I hope some day you get that car.

30. koth

koth

I agree with everyone else on your decision. That was a good one! Fix up his garage, organize his inventory so he can see what he has, and he may just decide to have you give him a hand putting it back together, so it is at least a roller. That would be fun and he sounds like an interesting guy to get to know.