Register now to get rid of these ads!

62 grand prix customs any pics?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by teddyp, Dec 12, 2006.

1. teddyp

teddyp

i,m helping my buddy his not on the net. he,s doing a 62 grand prix so far itschopped it 2 inchs and working on thr rust any ideals ? i posted a few pic,s:cool:

Attached Files:

2. teddyp

teddyp

BTT

3. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Looks nice ! Really cool cars,I remember a '62 and '63 in American Rodder some years ago,anybody have those pics handy ?

4. DirtyTace

DirtyTace

There were two good examples in a Rodder's Journal feature some time ago. I'm not at home right now but I can let you know later if someone doesn't beat me to it.

They were two mild customs owned by the same guy. Very subtle and cool. Those cars don't need much. They look customized right out of the factory.

5. teddyp

teddyp

THANKS HE WANTS TO DO A MILD CUSTOM

6. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Yes,they do.Even those 8-lug wheels is "Custom",cool stuff.We probably talk about the same cars.Joe Kress was working for A/R in the golden years,now is working for TRJ and I believe those Pontiacs were also shown in a Custom Portfolio lately.

7. haring

haring

I'm not able to scan images right now, but Andy Southard's "Hot Rods & Customs of the 1960s" shows at least one -- Richard Zocchi's '62 Grand Prix built by Gene Winfield.

There are other similar styles/treatments, such as a Larry Watson painted '60 Pontiac Catalina.

Basic early-mid '60s recipe on these is to lower them to the ground over some shiny wheels with pinstripe whites, shave with minor body mods, and zippy paint.

8. teddyp

teddyp

worst part of a east coast car is rust work it must be done frist but nobody see it when its done

Attached Files:

9. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

Can he find replacement panels for it.....???

10. teddyp

teddyp

yes as you can see in pictures all rust is being cut out frist and being replaced no patchs car is being done right what i,m talking about are the inner panels that people don,t see sometimes thats harder then the custom work but must be done if you want top do a car right

11. Rand Man

Rand Man

The early GP's are very cool stock. A great place to start for a mild custom.

12. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

I need to redo my 62 soon......

Attached Files:

13. hightest

hightest

there was someone on here who did a tough-as-nails 62 pontiac in black with a brown roof. hopefully the pics will show up here soon.

14. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

What I was asking is....Are panels availible for these cars? I didn't think that they were. If so, where?

15. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Wow that 2" out really does it. I gotta stop by there later today or tomorrow if I can.

16. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Looks like Barkoff is up to no good...I'm interested to see how this is gonna turn out. No doubt it will be a beauty though. I'll have to stop by there soon and see what's up for myself

17. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

[​IMG]

18. javier mejia

javier mejia

john aiello (aiello custom) just finished a chopped 63 for richard zocchi it will be at the san francisco rod and custom show in january

19. teddyp

teddyp

sorry i ask bob today and no one makes panels his are some clean parts he found and nos parts

20. rasputin

rasputin
    from Chicago

I'm guessing that would be me.

Mines not a true GP but a Catalina with Grand Prix grilles. Your buddies car looks like it'll be smokin' when done. Mine needs a buttload of the same repair work as his but I plan on enjoying it in its present beater condition for while until I can gather the necessary resources to take it to the next level.

[​IMG]

Can't wait to see his future progress.

21. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

Thanks......I wish I could find some decent panels up here in Canada............No luck so far...Mdae my own the 1st time, but there is some bondo in there too.

[​IMG]

22. DirtyTace

DirtyTace

...and I finally found the picture in TRJ #26, pgs. 74-75. Real slick pair of G.P.'s; a '62 and a '63 both owned by Eddie Alford. Beautiful examples of mild customs. The stock wheels look great with medium whites. Sorry I can't post a pic but I think it's worth looking up!

23. Kustom Chief

Kustom Chief

Car looks great. I have been searching for some passenger side quarter panel sheet metal for my 62 GP. It is a exercise in patience and timing with these cars. Now I went outside and my tranny is leaking....Ugh.
    Larry

24. Here is a Pontiac done by Winfield years ago.

Mick

Attached Files:

25. teddyp

teddyp

some up date photos on the grand prix:cool:

26. teddyp

teddyp

i hope the come out ok they got a lot done this week any ideals on colors once its done?

Attached Files:

27. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

The old Grand Prixs are head turners stock, Mine is nothing special but sure is a great conversation starter.

Most of the time the conversations starts ..." nice GTO" lol

Most people have no clue that the GP was made that far back.

I really like the Windfield car, didn't mess up the great factory lines.

Thanks for shareing the pics.

I was told the w/S for the sedans were two inches shorter on these cars, is that what you used for a front glass?
    GV

Attached Files:

28. fordy7coupe

fordy7coupe
    from Wylie, TX

Paint color? It may not be year correct, but 1965 paint code P, Iris Mist, has always been a favorite.

29. Durod

Durod
    from DFW, Tx

taste, my friend. you've got it.

30. Kustom Chief

Kustom Chief

There isn't a better color combo than Iris Mist with parchment interior.