Register now to get rid of these ads!

62 Galaxie Convertible early lowrider build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sinticket, Feb 11, 2009.

1. unforgiven

unforgiven
    from East Tn

man love the 62 cant wait to get my 64 back on the road. maybe I missed it but what color on the interior?

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Wonder if my '26 would walk that Viper. That would make you feel silly wouldn't it?
    Anyways we all know it's got a H22 Prelude engine under the hood of that kit car!!!!:D:D:D

For real though Dustin, I am sure that thing is twice as fun to drive as your sedan. I guess we'll never know. Congrats on the new car and on turning a new leaf on the '62. That thing is going to be slick.

3. sinticket

sinticket

white leather

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

And lots of it!!!

5. sinticket

sinticket

LOL kit car...lol funny shit, at least my import drag racing days are over and behind me...lol. I will take you a ride in it that will scare the shit out of you. There is a very good reason it comes from the factory with drivers and passengers side five point harnesses in it.

6. JeremyJames

JeremyJames
    from concord NC
    1. HAMB Merc Club

this "scuff it and shoot it car" is almost done!!! today is the last day, and its off to paint. only have one more fender to replace the lower porton of and shes gonna be gettin painted! its been a long time coming but this car is going to be killer when its all said and done

a GIANT thanks has got to go out to BIG O here on the hamb. MACKEL we could not have done this with out you and the use of your shop, welders, break, shear, and bead rollers. your a great friend and a lot of help (even know the help comes by way of you laughing at me and what i get my self into, with a pbr in your hand). The fridge will be stocked for a long time to come.

7. Domino

Domino

I am really glad this project is still going. I can't wait to see it finished and cruising.

8. sinticket

sinticket

Amen to this! Mackel, you are truely a great friend! You have let us literally tear your shop all to hell, and use all your tools for the past 9 months and never as much said a word about it. I sincerely appreciate you and I want you to know it! THANK YOU!

Jeremy, I know it has been a long road and extremely trying at times. Thanks for sticking in there and going the EXTRA MILE for this car! It will be beyond killer when complete, I know it! You have done an AMAZING job with the fab work. I sincerely appreciate all you hard work and dedication to seeing that the car is primo. THANK YOU!

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

10. needed to be said...:p

The lowrider thing isn't my bag, but the attention to detail and overall approach on this thing is universally bitchin!

The trunk is awesome, and I can't wait to see some color on this. Been watching (quietly as this unfolds, and I'm starting to get anxious now)...

11. mx6262

mx6262

12. S.F.

S.F.

Wow! lookin good! Ill be sending you my other 62 Convert shortly !

13. sinticket

sinticket

Thanks Guys I really appreciate all the comments! The Galaxie is at paint now...thanks to JeremyJames pulling a late night on her and completely finishing up all the fab work. Cant wait to get her back. Thanks again for all the complements, and I will keep updating as the progress goes!

14. d.j

d.j

15. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Still want to see the rear suspension setup. Congrats on getting her to paint already. Can't wait to see the finished product

16. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

He's being secretive just like the final decision on paint.

17. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Screw secretive if it could help me with my build,haha. Right now mine is still riding on leaf springs even though it's bagged.

18. sinticket

sinticket

Check your PM...im tellen secrets ...lol

19. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Your secrets are safe with me. Now if you had a pic of the rear,it would help even more to compare it with mine.

20. lgh1157

lgh1157

That aint fair :D

Im gonna guess . . . . . . . . flipped the eyes, 3 in the pack and de-arched ?

Ok lets see some pics . . . . or pm me too

L

21. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I know there is a Full Air ride system with the stock leafs in play that Bagshaw Fabrications helped him with. He went with 2600 Firestones up front and 2500's out back with a Air Zenith Compressor. I know this because I supplied the bags and the compressor. I would say that it probably common air ride stuff. Air over leafs nothing too complicated like a cantilever setup. Simple but probably executed very well.

22. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

The ony thing I want a pic of is the notch they did in the rear. I want to see if it's like mine.

23. lgh1157

lgh1157

Im about 1/2 an inch off the ground with no notch, sometimes on the ground depending on the surface, not trying to steal the thread, just saying no notch needed :

Attached Files:

24. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

For some reason I don't think they notched it. I thought when they measured it out there was no need for one because the frame kicks up so much from the factory. I mean form the pics it's so low if they were to screw with the looks of the frame for an extra half inch that would be some mini trucking shit if I have ever saw it.

No offense if you notched yours. Some need it and some don't. When it comes down to .5" I would leave it. Maybe they did notch it though.

25. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

By the sounds of it you talked to Dustin and they did notch it so disregard my statement above. I am talking out of my ass.

26. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

I don't know if they did or not. I don't know if mine is notched or not. The guy I picked it up from already had the air ride installed,but it looks like mine might be notched. I know my setup lays frame.

27. sinticket

sinticket

nope!!!

28. sinticket

sinticket

NO...... There is not a c-notch in this car at all! There is plenty of kick up in the rear so theres no need for a notch.

29. lgh1157

lgh1157

Sin - thanks for the PM, interesting set up . . . . . .

Keep the updates/pics coming man

30. My 63 Merc is REAL close to the ground with no notch too.