Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 62 Chrysler Windsor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VANDENPLAS, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Hey all found a 62 Chrysler 2 door
    Very clean Windsor " Chinese eye"
    Wondering what ya guys think?
    Thinking lowered with some radirs or something similar?
    Anyone have experience with these cars

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. manyolcars

manyolcars

sounds like a traditional hot rod

3. Lol not quite!
    I have a 50 Chevy 261 inline 6 T5 with a first gen camaro diff project that is S-L-O-W-L-Y coming together, between kids and work and generally trying to get ahead so I have time to work on her I pretty much have no time to work on her!
    But it just sitting does not cost me anything, it's safe in the garage and I'm not selling it, the kids are getting older and pretty soon mom and dad won't be " cool"anymore and I'll get back to the fleetline
    But I need something to tool around in and this thing is a clean original driver that I think has some cool lines and would make a fun driver untill the fleetline is done

Hnstray likes this.
  4. gene-koning

gene-koning

A 62 Chrysler would be a great cruiser car. Lowering the front end is as simple as turning down the adjusting bolt for the torsion bars on both sides, as long as you don't get carried away. If you turn the torsion bar bolt down too far, the car will be on the front bump stops and won't have any front spring action. A 1" or 2" lowering block between the springs and the rear axle will bring the rear down as well.
    A 62 has a pretty modern drive train (except the goofy rear axle hub) and if in good condition make great drivers.
    I recommend getting the 62, dropping it just a bit, adding the old mags of your choice and having fun with a great family cruiser. Gene

chryslerfan55 likes this.

5. Anyone built one?
    Any pics?

6. 73RR

73RR

Do a simple search for 1962 Chrysler Windsor photos or 1962 Chrysler Newport photos The web is full of examples.

7. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

Not a Windsor but here is my 1962 300

Attached Files:

OGWindsor and harpo1313 like this.