Register now to get rid of these ads!

'62 chevy 3 speed O/D: need parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by greasel, Mar 5, 2007.

1. greasel

greasel
    from Fresno, CA

working on a 3 speed O/D trans from a '62 Belair and I need parts for it. I've pulled it out, haven't dug into it yet. I have a good book that shows how to disassemble/assemble but don't know where to get stuff from.
    any info?

thanks

2. the trans is the same as other non o/d trans, but if you looking for o/d parts they're kinda hard to come by. either get a spare trans or hit the 'bay/ old time wrecking yards.

3. greasel

greasel
    from Fresno, CA

the O/D is fine as far as I know. I'm looking for parts specifically for the transmission...at least bushings and seals, maybe some shafts or gears, not sure exactly what parts I need because I haven't pulled it apart yet. Kinda wanted to find out where to look for parts to overhaul the transmission itself.

4. Northwest Transmission Parts
    Winchester, OH
    1-800-327-1955
    www.bright.net/-nrthwest

automatics, 1940 up
    manuals, 1933 up

GOOD PEOPLE!

Dan

5. 265glide

265glide

Greasel,
    Replace the syncronizer clutch,It's the large drum the 2/3 shift fork fits on.If the brass rings are loose in the ends, this = grind, going to 2 or 3 gear.Years ago in the dealership any time a 3 speed was down the syncro clutch was changed.
    Sorry do not have any parts connections for it.
    glider.