Hi fellas, I'm gonna do a little documentation of the customization of my 61 wag here, hope you all enjoy it. Nothing too crazy, shaved clean, a static lowering job, a flaked/panel painted roof and dash, kickstand twice pipes, and a plain black pleated interior. I picked the car up in Niagara Falls, the PO was gonna build a gasser but couldn't bring himself to cut it up so he started restoring it. Luckily, he's a retired mechanic and knew what he was doing. He rebuilt the head, the transmission, installed new ball joints, gave it a complete brake job and smoothed out the body a bit. This is probably the nicest old car I've ever started with. The body is NEARLY perfect, really straight and solid. It came with a set of these cool old chrome slots too. They're not in great shape, but will do for now... I can't imagine what the cost to rechrome them would be. Anyhow... Here she is when I brought her home, sittin sky high... 1.5 coils cut from the front springs, I replaced the rest of the worn front end components while I had the springs out. I also cut the bumpstops down and raised the upper shock mounts 1". Tires... I think it's official... 185-80r13's are unavailable at less than $150 each. I looked for two weeks, couldn't find any and I am not going to spend $700 on tires for $2500 car. I settled for a set of 175-80r13's from tireseasy.com, for $68 apiece shipped I can live with the 2.5% diameter difference. Nothing like new shoes for motivation! Sooo, the rear was still sitting way up in the stratosphere... I went to my local spring shop and had them bend me up a set of 9" long ubolts from 7/16" rod (stock falcon bolts are 3/8"). Cost was $28. Then I welded up a set of 3" blocks from some 2x3 box tubing scraps, installed an allen head bolt in one side and drilled a 1/2" hole in the other. Pulled the rear out, cleaned it up, and set it back in with the blocks and new ubolts. Of course the exhaust had to be rerouted and the bumpstops cut down. The PO also installed a brand new set of air shocks on the rear, they will come in handy if I ever need to haul anything heavier than a loaf of bread... That's where I am so far, I'll update the thread as progress continues. I have to get the exhaust taken care of soon, it's got a glasspack on the stock manifold and it sounds like a honda with a fart-can goin down the road, drivin' me nuts! When I lowered it, I just cut the pipe and moved the muffler up in front of the rear axle... consequently, the muffler is too low and drags whenever I run over anything larger than a pebble. Plans are to split the manifold 2 and 4 and run twice pipes out to shorty kickstand lake pipes along the rear quarter like mini-bellfower tips. I had a custom early econoline with the 4 n 2 split and it was the cat's azz!