Register now to get rid of these ads!

'61-'67 Econoline VIN #'s and location on vehicle??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Berdoo John, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Berdoo John

Berdoo John

Two parter:

1. Does anyone have a list or website link that would tell me the VIN #'s used for a '61 OR '62 Econoline van?? Or if you have one or access to one can you tell me what the VIN is...?

2. Can anybody tell me where the VIN is supposed to be on these??

Reason being is I want to put YOM plates on my Econoline I just got for three bucks. And yes it does run...needs brakes, tires, registration, and a little body work.

AND does anyone know for sure if I need commercial plates for a van?

TIA

Attached Files:

2. I have one, don't know what a VIN # is but the little tag with the serial number is in the driver's door jamb, there's a yahoogroup called oldeconolines that should be able to help you further

3. haring

haring

Without a doubt, the best resource for early Econolines is the Yahoo Groups "oldeconolines" list. Like the HAMB, it has its own set of weird rules and "interesting" members.

The VIN would be found on the door tag. Failing that, I know you can also find the VIN stamped in the floorboard, but its UNDER the edge of the doghouse.

My Club Wagon was titled as a station wagon, so I didn't have to worry about even running a truck plate. California is probably very different and someone there will have to answer your question about commercial plates.

4. Berdoo John

Berdoo John

Thanks guys. Are either of yours a '61 or '62?

Mine does have the tag on the drivers door jamb but I was thinking that was a CHP or DMV riveted on tag due to the original VIN (vehicle identification number) being lost or outta sight...so you guys are saying that was from the factory like that...hmmmm. That may mess up my mischevious plans for making it the year of my choice.

I'll go check out that Yahoo Group tonight. Do I hafta post an intro first? [​IMG]

Do you guys know any differences in the body exteriors between '61 and '67 besides the front parking lights?? The MAC's catalog I have, as well as the pictures I've seen on the web, sure do indicate to me there were NO significant body changes done...is that correct?

Thanks again.

5. Killer

Killer

[ QUOTE ]

Mine does have the tag on the drivers door jamb but I was thinking that was a CHP or DMV riveted on tag due to the original VIN (vehicle identification number) being lost or outta sight...so you guys are saying that was from the factory like that...hmmmm. That may mess up my mischevious plans for making it the year of my choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

The tag on the door jamb is an assigned vin, from the DMV.

6. Berdoo John

Berdoo John

What DMV tag on the door jamb? I never saw one did you? [​IMG]

Thanks boss.

7. haring

haring

[ QUOTE ]
    Are either of yours a '61 or '62?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine was a '66, but I sold it earlier this year.

[ QUOTE ]
    I'll go check out that Yahoo Group tonight. Do I hafta post an intro first? [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't hurt. You do need to put your location in your signature (i.e. Tom in VA)

[ QUOTE ]
    Do you guys know any differences in the body exteriors between '61 and '67 besides the front parking lights??

[/ QUOTE ]

Side trim. Early is wide, late is narrow. There are minor differences here and there, but nothing major and not worth mentioning unless you are talking specifics.