Register now to get rid of these ads!

61-66 ford pick up sheetmetal * tell us what you need

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ems customer service, Dec 24, 2011.

1. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

My neighbor needs cab repair panels above the doors

2. ems customer service

ems customer service

i am confused on this area, photo please

3. ems customer service

ems customer service

[QUOTE="T'RANTULA";7309093]My neighbor needs cab repair panels above the doors[/QUOTE]

photo?????????????????

4. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

[​IMG]

This is a 78 ford but my neighbors 66 ford is rusted out worse in the same spot

5. 62RatRod

62RatRod

Yea my short bed has waves all the way down it. Wood panel kit would be cool lol... Mine has rusted out front cab mounts and foot sliders as well. It also has a few rust holes on the side where the bed comes together

6. pgj

pgj
    from aurora co.

65 front inner fenders.

7. rom828

rom828

Exactly! Have those in the pic been replaced and where did you get them? Should be a good seller, as these will work for '57 to '64

8. Chris F100

Chris F100

Here is a 62 roof and a hood. The roof rot actually goes left, front, and right side. I would think your panel would have to start in the flat of the drip rail.

Attached Files:

9. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

The roofs on them trucks rust out somethin awful.... :eek:

10. bigdav160

bigdav160

I'm stealing this photo from another site. The torque box is under Unibody trucks. When rust invades the torque box holes show up in the quarter panels.

[​IMG]

11. ems customer service

ems customer service

i examined a roof it looks fesable, question at the rear window area the is a seam, it look like the factory used seam sealer there.

are you guys filling in this area with lead or plastic or are you trying to recreate the seam?

12. spot

spot
    from usa

Lower rear cab corners
    x3 on radiator core support
    door skins

13. Chris F100

Chris F100

I'm going to weld up the seam. on my truck the roof and pillar are out of alignment by 3/32 in the middle on the right side. The left is fine. The rear seam is a misaqligned mess. All seams were filled with sealer. Ford had no QC then I guess....

14. scrubba

scrubba

Well, now that ya done asked nicely, how about the "U " shaped channels needed in the Styleside floors that take up the space under the wood floor ? These are pretty much the same right up to 1980 too. However , round here , try to find a styleside bed in salvageable condition . scrubba

15. CGkidd

CGkidd

I plan on filling my roof seams. I would be interested in a 65/66 I believe F350 or larger front filler panel. Looks like a roll pan when you bolt it in. Or any type of roll pan for these trucks would be good.