Register now to get rid of these ads!

'61 364 Nailhead..feelings and thoughs

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by DBAG, Jul 28, 2008.

1. DBAG

DBAG

Is anyone running one of these? Feedback please, I got a handle on one for decent bucks!

2. Lee Martin

Lee Martin

Great motors.....expensive to build, but worth it. Tons of torque, strong lower end (forged steel crank and rods), and a unique look.

-Lee
    Atomic Radio
    www.atomicpinup.com

3. harpboys4

harpboys4
    from So Cal

I have a 401 in a roadster and I am going to put a 425 in another project.Nailheads look cool and are very strong engines just a bit pricey to build.They used to use them in boats also so try old drag boat sites for speed parts.

4. Iamagearheadru

Iamagearheadru

I have a 61 Lesabre with a 364 in it....great motor if I can ever get it to cool down a couple degrees. I think My timing is off though now

5. hunter1111

hunter1111

Im looking for a nailhead to put in my 34 ford pu..im in texas,,, anyone have one????

6. Lee Martin

Lee Martin

If you find one, drop me a line. I just stuck a 401 in a '33 coupe and can give you some pointers on how to route the steering and exhaust (things get tight on the drivers side since the starter gets in the way).

-Lee
    Atomic Radio
    www.atomicpinup.com