Register now to get rid of these ads!

60s Vans making come back?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by low budget, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe King

Joe King

65 chevy

Attached Files:

2. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

about a year ago they were selling the dodge a100 van that was used in the remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre on ebay. It was pretty cool and the reserve was only like 4 grand or something.

3. I need mirrors like this for my shorty dodge......what the hell I cant drive my 39 all the time!

Attached Files:

4. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Vannin' is alive and well

Attached Files:

5. wethebmx

wethebmx
    from walnut, ca

ive been getting into vans for the last couple years and i love em. i just got a 62 corvair panel van. rebuilt drivetrain. its a set of old 60's ansen 5 spokes and old goodyear bias plys on it totally bad ass. i cantwait to start cruisins that thing to the beach with my trump in the back(also a custom fold out futon) haha. ill post pics when i get a chance.
    David

6. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Geezzz...I love those second generation Fords. What big, solid brutes they were.
    Wish I still had mine!!!

1st gen Fords and Dodges were good lookers too. GM...not so much for me...but to each his own!!!
    The 1st gen Dodge was a well sculpted vehicle...(although I WOULD go with the Ford just because...)

That Mopar designer had a very narrow set of rules to play with, as they all did, but you gotta give him credit for a job well done!

7. :D this thread got me going so I bought my old 65 dodge back:D front nerf bars are 1960 bugeye sprite bumper guards!

Attached Files:

8. OLLIN

OLLIN

Here is a scan from the book "cult of the harley davidson" from 1982. They have a few of his 70's bikes too, like the tattoo bike. lots of cool engraving and gold plating. real works of art!

The van is bad ass too.

Attached Files:

9. this one?...your right

Attached Files:

10. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

11. Vans have been on the HAMB for a loooong time. This is my old Freak-Cono-line. I miss it. someday, I'm gonna haveta get another one. I dig that GOODIES van!:cool:

Attached Files:

12. Big Pauly

Big Pauly

I drove an a 100 when I was 16, I miss that thing. Here is a pic of a GMC that was at a show last weekend. It had a327 and ran pretty well.
    [​IMG]

13. Trippin

Trippin
    from Bristol TN

Feel free to check out our website VCVC.org for all kinds of vintage Chevy van stuff, limited to '64-'70 vans of the GM persuasion. We have parts, vans, rallies and events listings, tech help, etc. You can also go to http://groups.msn.com/vintagechevyvanclub2 for our 2nd site which has loads of pics from new to the good ol' days.

14. Stizzealth

Stizzealth

I have always wanted to drop an old van body on a truck chassis. The problem with old vans is that they're... well, not cool. :p

15. rev106

rev106

I've seen the prices on these things go up. I've had my ford "vuck" for 6 years now and I drove it home for 1800 bucks, now they fetch a much higher price.

[​IMG]

16. Vanner68

Vanner68

Well, I followed a link here from vcvc.org, glad to see that some folks appreciate the desire to be different.....

Here's a sample of my vans:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Hey Fella's, don't mean to hi-jack this thread, but seemed like a good place to find a home for some old "Truckin" Mags I have in my archives. Used to hang out with older brother in his version of the "Mystery Machine".:p Hard to believe most of those custom vans are gone, sure was a shitload of them back then.
    Will also post in the classifieds and maybe do a Hamb auction.
    Oldest issue is Volume 1 #4:1974 through 1979. Make me an offer I can't refuse. All in mint condition. PM me if any interest.
    J.T.

18. hubcap

hubcap
    from phx

I always seem to be headed in a different direction. Anyway, heres mine.

74 G-20, 350/350 12-Bolt, 3" Rancho lift spring and shocks, custom roof rack/ sleeping-veiwing platform (great for catching sea breezes in Baja). I can get my atv and camp gear inside and still have room to sleep.:)

Attached Files:

19. mac762

mac762

I'm sure digging this one. My Friend had a van about like that and it had big n little slotted mags on it. Looked tough as hell. I was set to buy it, and his old lady totaled it. :( I was planning on stuffing a 327 in there.
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

What year is this van? My Friend's didn't have the marker lights so I guess it was older. Neat vans man. Later Josh

20. Wonder where The Gladiator is now...

21. Dan10

Dan10
    from Joplin

This guy must have had one kick-ass van.

Attached Files:

22. Dan10

Dan10
    from Joplin

A little less subtle than "Free Candy"

Attached Files:

23. Vanner68

Vanner68

What year is this van? My Friend's didn't have the marker lights so I guess it was older. Neat vans man. Later Josh[/quote]

It's a 70 GMC, last year for the forward control vans. It's also a no door, meaning no side cargo doors. Very rare, less than 200 built in 70.
    250/powerglide, and the heavy duty V8 style radiator, I think GM was just bolting together whatever they had to get rid of inventory before the design change.

It's for sale over at www.vcvc.org , I sold it last year and it ended up in Pennsylvania.

24. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

These were taken at a show in the 70's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

The way into a girl's pants is through your van.

26. alchemy

alchemy

Like a picture she was layin' there
    Moonlight dancin' off her hair
    She woke up and took me by the hand
    She's gonna love me in my Chevy van
    And that's all right with me

27. 65deluxe

65deluxe

well now we know what happened to all the vanners of the 70's. They ended up on the H.A.M.B.

28. J CRUZ

J CRUZ

Wow, FINALLY!!!

I'm more of a van guy than traditional rod guy (although I love them as well), so I have to post. I did these about a year ago and have had my 74 Dodge for 3 years. I hate to get rid of it but it's for sale if anyone is interested. Saving for a down on a house. I'll be doing quite a bit more as far as van illustrations this year.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29. Nope, it was younger brother Tony who built that beasty. Imagine a 427 Chevy with that short wheelbase! Feature article in the June, 1976 issue of Popular Hot Rodding.

30. OLLIN

OLLIN

Someone hurry and scoop this one up! Looks like it still needs a lot, but I dont see how you could go wrong at that price..

Ebay Item number: 260219063444

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.