Register now to get rid of these ads!

60s Vans making come back?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by low budget, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. back2thewoods

back2thewoods
    from ct.

well they just had van nats. big turnout, building my 2nd, 64 chevy hears a pic of my last project

Attached Files:

2. Allthough I have seen a few "van customs", that have some great mods done to them, its not my cup o' coffee. I guess you can dump a ton of work in to any old vehicle and it would be considered a Kustom by some crowds nowadays. Oh well......to each thier own.

3. Van Dutch

Van Dutch

You are all being so nice. I'll take this one.

Hey fuckin' new guy get some facts and come back when you're educated. Until then keep your two bits in two-bit Tacoma, Terry.

4. Racewriter

Racewriter

If Cody's van and NotStock's van are the trendsetters, vans could end up bigger than ever. I have never wanted a van until I saw those two.

5. LOWBLAZERO1

LOWBLAZERO1

lol. i didn't get it at first, but after your comment i do. funny shit!

6. RodStRace

RodStRace

Thanks for the input, Chris. :rolleyes:
    This thread started a month before you joined... and it's still here too.
    Got another parts van, right after I got a pair of solid side doors for the 108.
    [​IMG]

7. I still wanna hear details on the suspension setup on your van John. Don't make me cut you.

8. back2thewoods

back2thewoods
    from ct.

love the old dodges, lookin at one this week

9. back2thewoods

back2thewoods
    from ct.

got this one in the works

Attached Files:

10. MLG

MLG

Saw these on Sat.---they are for sale.

Attached Files:

11. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

I think Cobys is the trendsetter mine is the what not to do lol

12. What happened, it didn't come out right?

13. RodStRace

RodStRace

14. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

15. J CRUZ

J CRUZ

16. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

17. fca2572

fca2572
    from Texas

Here is a picture of my partner's 63 Falcon from last weekend

Attached Files:

18. crowen57

crowen57

That's one clean van Jeff has!

19. the DutchDude

the DutchDude

currently workin on this one

[​IMG]

i'm flakin the whole upper area around the windows
    gonna be gold and a little wild:cool:
    currently taping ,so should be done soon
    anyone know where i can get the left and right vent window rubbers for the doors?
    i'm from europe so i don't really know what there called or where to look..
    and because there's some tax and shipping involved ,would be good to know where to get em the cheapest..

20. the DutchDude

the DutchDude

bttt
    don't you just hate how fast topics get burried lol
    don't get why they don't divide the hamb into ''more'' different chapters??

21. FYI- if ya want to loose the back up lights,harley (evo-shovelhead) point covers bolt right on for a easy custom touch

22. virtualvanner

virtualvanner

In the past year the light has been shining on custom vans brighter than at any time since the van craze of the 70's. This renewed interest has a lot to do with our fellow H.A.M.B van owners and enthusiasts. I've been very fortunate this year to meet many of these fine people like Coby, John Jackson and Jay Cruz who through their artistic vision have created some amazing vans as well as some one of a kind artwork to draw interest to the vans. Most recently I spent a few days hanging with John Jackson at the recent 39th National Truck-In, sometimes literarily. [​IMG]

I've been following John's work for a number of years now. I even asked him for some pointers on doing road shots, never imagining that we would be doing road shots together out of my van one day. John suggested the location for this shot below, we had 52 pre 1970 vans for it (there were at least 10 others that didn't make it). The Boogie Van is on the far left hand corner of the picture.
    [​IMG]

The custom van scene started over 40 years ago now and never went away. It is on a much smaller scale but there are over 100 van related events happening each and every year in North America. Thanks to the H.A.M.B members mentioned above for helping to give all of this a shot in the arm and to all the other H.A.M.B members not mentioned who through their involvement in vanning and van related art are also making a huge contribution. Last but not least, thanks to the H.A.M.B for letting us indulge our passion for vans here.

23. What a cool photo. Reminds me of a shot out of Truckin' or any of a number of van mags from the 70s.

24. the DutchDude

the DutchDude

25. SulphuriousSam

SulphuriousSam

Love this thread...brings me into a cold sweat remembering the horror of being dropped off to junior high in my dad's custom van :eek:. I can't remember what year it was but we called it the booger mobile, it was that very ugly shade of puke green that thankfully is no longer available on automobiles. Dad covered the interior in mulit-color carpet samples he scavanged from a dumpster behind a flooring store in town. Nifty table/bed, oil lamp complete with hidden stash compartment, swivel captains chairs...We kids hated it but I think my dad wanted to be a hippy and just missed out on the right years for it...

Great thread tho

26. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I'm glad the old vans are coming back. Cobys van and others of today are just taking it to another level and I look forward to seeing what happens.
    I remember the vanners back in the '70s as being a partying crowd with some real creative work. Got some good memories but can't really tell them on this family oriented site. :eek::D

27. Bullshit, you can say what you feel here, it's just a big garage! Do tell.

28. Probably Why the wife dosen"t want me to get another one.First one was @15 a 58 Chevy panel then a 70 Chevy van Bed room on wheels ! (those days are gone:()

29. [​IMG]

This is not scary at all......

30. Our 15 year old keeps eye balling our old Chevy 90 van..... I dont think its such a good idea, I grew up in the 70s and still remember what a windowless van was good for ;) - "Sorry Mom if your reading this".......:D

Attached Files:

• van.jpg
      van.jpg
      File size:
      471 KB
      Views:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.