Register now to get rid of these ads!

60's traditional kustoms addict

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by ROLAZ, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Welcome from Denton. I would leave the skirts off, the lines are clean enough without, and sometimes it looks too cluttered (or accessorized) with bells and skirts. Looking forward to seeing the pics as well.

2. mundog64

mundog64
    from 90717

rolaz

welcome fellow impala owner. i can't wait to see the pictures of you 63'

ray

3. ROLAZ

ROLAZ

yeah thats very true i think i will be leaving them off, just hate to see a perfect pair of skirts go to waste, oh well i dont think i could fit the bellflowers with skirts anyways

4. *HOLLYWOOD*53

*HOLLYWOOD*53

Welcome from Houston. I am building a 60's custom to.

5. ROLAZ

ROLAZ

yeah i'll be posting some soon, if you look on my album at the 61 galaxie that belongs to my friend, thats more or less the look we're going for with my car as well, i was thinking about supremes but as it is an impala i didnt want it to look too lowrider but they do look awesome on 60's cars. guess we have to wait for everyone else to catch up so they can understand the look.

6. I would love to loose my skirts, but it would take WAY too much work since they are flush fit into the quarters. And I have had to give up on the hope of adding bellflowers since I am still running leafs on the back (for now anyway).

7. ROLAZ

ROLAZ

i like how your car sits with those supremes. very dope

8. Engine-Ear

Engine-Ear
    Alliance Vendor

Welcome from Wisconsin!

9. PegLegStrick

PegLegStrick

Welcome from South Georgia.
    Love the Ford's in your album!
    That flaked top's bad as hell!

10. Jettback50

Jettback50

Working on a 60's style rig myself. Can't wait to see what kind on boss stuff you're doing.

11. Thanks, I actually sold them and picked up a set of 30spoke Star Wires, I think it looks MUCH better, now I just need the paint..and interior...and...

12. Acerv02

Acerv02
    from dallas

welcome yeah your car is awesome cant wait to see it when it's done

13. ROLAZ

ROLAZ

aww man you have to post a pick of your car on the star wires!!! I bet it looks kool as hell

14. ROLAZ

ROLAZ

yeah it should be done sometime next week!!!

15. ROLAZ

ROLAZ

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gettin ready for Roundup!!!

16. 392

what is traditional? who cares

17. ROLAZ

ROLAZ

traditional is doing your ride the way it would have been done before fixing up car's became a fucking industry instead of a hobby

18. Perhaps traditional is an attitude? I hear what you're saying about things being an industry these days. The guy who did the TJ-style Tuck 'n' Roll on my little Vespa told me it really puts him off when he's admiring someone's cool ride and the owner comes up and says, "I've got 100K in that..."

There's a place for the chequebook rodders in the scene, but what I like about HAMB is there are more of us DIY-types who do this stuff, as you say, as a hobby. Look forward to seeing how your Impala progresses. :D

19. Actually all the discussion on you car should be over on the main board...Do a formal introduction on yourself..And Welcome

20. ROLAZ,
    Sorry for the delay, here is a shot with the wires. My switches aren't working, the back will actually lay about 4 inches lower (but I can't drive it layed-out).
    [​IMG]