Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 60s style T-Buckets.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by John 79, Jun 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernie Loughran of Vancouver had a flattie in his T when he built it in the late 50's, but upgraded to a nailhead in the 60's.

[​IMG]

2. Gary Lang of Past Tech duval windshiel fame had a nice turtledeck roadster he put together in Vancouver in the late 60's.

[​IMG]

3. Gary Cooper of the Vancouver area put together a nice little turtledeck T.

[​IMG]

4. Here is a color pic of the Roger Melenchuk/Carl Jaklin T from the Vancouver area.

[​IMG]

5. Here is a pic of the late 50's or early 60's when Roger Melenchuk had the car.

[​IMG]

6. GuyW

GuyW

Looks like a '26-'27 T to me...

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

The last three are really cool!

8. Codeman

Codeman
    from SE Mo

Anyone know of any more pics of this? Buddy of mine has a pic cut fro a magazine pinned on the wall at his shop this is the only other time I have ever seen it, like to see more.

9. photoman

photoman
    from Texas

This one is really nice!

10. photoman

photoman
    from Texas

Definitely late T windshield posts but...

"In order to do that," said Blackie, "I had to make the car as light as possible, and take everything apart. All I had was a '34 Ford frame, a seat, four wheels, and a motor in front of me. I made a modified roadster. It wasn't an original-bodied car; it was bits and pieces, and all the rest was handbuilt with a fuel tank in the back."

11. GuyW

GuyW

Sorry - you're correct....

12. I like this one. Any more on it?

13. I love it -- and Cad-powered, too!

14. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I agree that car is sweet. That is about the original color of my T.

15. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

It really makes you wonder about what happened to all those T-Buckets. Their must be a ton of them stashed in garages, barns, sheds, carports and back yards.

Last year i ran an add on craigslist wanting to buy a reasonably priced T-Bucket. I ran the add for several weeks and didn't receive one response.

16. pinman 39

pinman 39

That was a cool car I remember it .Yellowstone in Celebrating 40 this year
    I hope its a "Big Deal"

17. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

I was sitting here going through this thread for about the zillionith time and i could here the T-Bucket calling me. Since i haven't had it out since New Years eve i guess it was feeling a little neglected.

It's kind of funny. All the smiles and thumbs up you get when they see you running down the road all bundled up. Guess they're not use to seeing roadsters in 40 degree slightly foggy weather. It was just a short 10 mile run but it was great.

18. Richard D, I think the only other pic I have of the A bucket is this one taken at a used car dealer in Vancouver in the early 70's. It has been changed but pretty sure it is the same car. Pat.

[​IMG]

19. As far as 60s T-Buckets go, you may know I'm a big Ted Brown fan. The T-Bucket he built became the profile symbol for T-Buckets of the era and it was Ted's chassis work that the California Custom Roadster plans were based upon. He's still active, driving a T-Bucket he built many years ago that's had many different engines and over 200k miles. Put together a little movie tribute to Ted. Kick back and enjoy.

EVL401 likes this.
  20. xlr8

xlr8
    from Idaho

A bucket................damn why didn't I think of that.

21. tigerShark

tigerShark
    from Tampa Bay

the driver looks like he just got some horrible news.

22. Paul

Paul
    Editor

23. Von Franco

Von Franco

Paul, man I just dig seeing that truck so cool.......................

24. Paul

Paul
    Editor

thanks man,
    that means a lot
    I know I've said it before but your Lightning Bug may be my favorite car of all time,
    Norm built something special there and your recreation is tits

25. sledbuilder

sledbuilder

i love T's... i lean more towards the real 50's style, but a cool car is a cool car. I'm think when my oldest son turns 12 we will start one for him... I'm thinking an Iron Duke 4 banger for the motivation...

26. Ron Mayes

Ron Mayes

Had a Ted Brown car in the early 80's it was a Killer car

27. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

28. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Looks like he just realized he won't fit.

29. Good one Fred! Kinda looks like you when you fold up in Miss Behavin'.

30. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Yup! Skinny as the day is long and flexible!:D When I was just about ready to get a body, I went to a local guy who was giving me a pair of header extentions. He went in the house to get them and I was checking out his T. The first thing I noticed was how small it was. The ones I had seen at car shows didn't seem that small. Man, I about shit my pants! Was I halfway into something I wouldn't be able to drive!?:eek:

He came out and I asked him what was up. He told me his was a '15 and they were smaller. Boy was that a relief. So when I got my body, I mocked up the seat. That was the first thing I did. Everyone on the T websites was giving me advice on how to do the seats and kept saying I was doing it all wrong. What they didn't realize was, I wasn't a 60 year old guy with a beer keg gut like most of them seemed to be.:D So, I fit. It took me a while to get used to it, but I fit. Just like the chick in my avatar.:D

And the old lady who said my car and I reminded her of Herman Munster still makes me smile.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.