Register now to get rid of these ads!

60s show rods and bubble tops (post pics here)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mule Farmer, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

2. Dogtack

Dogtack

3. ratster

ratster

4. Part 1: Here's a few Roth Rods from the 2006 Autorama. Enjoy !

Attached Files:

kiwijeff likes this.
  5. Part 2: Here's a few more Roth Rods from the 2006 Autorama. Enjoy !

Attached Files:

kiwijeff likes this.
  6. Here's an interesting show rod, or truck in this case, from the 1960's built by Boots Frithiof of Austin, Texas. Boot's truck-rod named 'My First Love' was first shown in 1960 and over the eight years it was shown on the curcuit, it had more than 200 modifications. During the 1966-67 season, 'My First Love' won the ICAS's International Champion Award with the grand prize being a new Plymouth Barracuda modified by George Barris.
    These pix are from the 2007 Autorama...I'm sorry I don't know who the owner is, perhaps it belongs to a HAMB member as it was in the basement with so many other great home-built rods.
    Enjoy !

Attached Files:

lucky and kiwijeff like this.
  7. MotorCityThreads.com

MotorCityThreads.com
    from DeSoto,IA

8. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

60's chev truck

Attached Files:

9. FCCOOL

FCCOOL

this thread ROCK's

10. Slowlow

Slowlow

Are those bubble-tops really made from Blown Glass?! They are pretty killer, but I just wonder how you would go about making one today...

11. I found this sitting behind my friends body shop....

Joystick steering and an Olds "ROCKET" Drivetrain!

X-15 named after the X-15 Rocket plane!

Attached Files:

EVL401 likes this.
  12. fuzzface

fuzzface

Wingnutz, do you know anything else about it? I noticed it there about a month ago. I drive past it almost every monday morning. Think he will mind if I stopped some monday just to walk around it up close?

13. One of the few Ray Besasie cars built in the early '60's ...Milwaukee area...One of three I believe....The web is full of very cool information, including cars built by Ray and his son (Ray) who was the shop boss for Excalibur Motorcars during "the day"....I worked for him there....When I was a kid, Ray Sr. used to spend a great deal of time cruising Milwaukees Lakefront in that car...it's the "X-Something"...Nice find....C9

14. fuzzface

fuzzface

thanks Mark I will do that. I see it was moved to the back yard and I know I don't like people just walking in without permission either. Thanks for the extra info Centurian. I used to know a guy that worked at Excalibur also. I believe his name was also Steve lived in Dousman and his wife worked at the local bank. That was in my hard core drinking days so things in the mind that old are a little fuzzy, Steve

15. big-daddy-george

big-daddy-george
    from New York

These pictures were taken in my driveway two weeks ago. This is my version of Roth's Druid Princess only mine is driven from the seat up in the rear of the coach body and the doorman rides on the platform on the rearend, just like a real coach. I've done many wedding rentals and the car is featured in a Canadian film called "The Acadian Connection". My car is called the Island Princess. I built this car in the 80's from a 56 Desoto when I was working with Roth at car shows. I never worked for him, in fact, I paid him to appear at one of my shows here on Staten Island in November of 82 when he was still working at Knotts, so he worked for me. The car is for sale by the way. Some of you may have seen it at the Wheels of Time show 5 years ago. I even had it on the Teter-Totter.

Attached Files:

kiwijeff likes this.
  16. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Not a great photo, but...John Baehr's '63 Stingray gullwing built by Doug Thompson in Kansas City, mid-60's.

[​IMG]

Here it is as shown by next owner Tom Webb. I painted the panel scallops and it toured most of the Larivee circuit '70-71 season. Does anyone have photos with this paint job?

[​IMG]

17. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Awesome thread. Too bad so many photos are not available. I only blew an hour or so when I could have spent 2!

18. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Bob Reisner's Invader in the spring of '68. My lowered '66 Riv in the background.

[​IMG]

Rolleiflex and kiwijeff like this.
  19. Bobert

Bobert
    Member Emeritus

Saw the white and purple X Altered 34 Ford from the first page here last night in Planfield, IL. Still looks great and has hasd oval headlights added in the grill to make it more driveable.

20. Plowboy

Plowboy

Does anyone have any more pics of this one??

[​IMG]

21. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

That coupe above RULES!!!!!!

22. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

this was at Paso 2006, YES, some nut was driving it.

[​IMG]

23. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Daryl Starbird's 3-wheeler (can't remember the name).

[​IMG]

24. buikwag

buikwag
    1. Buick Nailheads

It wouldnt be right not to include some pictures of my buddy Dick Patterson's Model A Coupe. It does have a bubble top and a rather unique interior. The interior was done by upholester Tom Sterkle, who was one of the founding fathers of the Over the Hill Gang Berdoo. Club is celebrating its 35th Anniversary this July.

Attached Files:

kiwijeff likes this.
  25. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

that is the futurista

26. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Here is the futurian, I built it in 2001

[​IMG]

kiwijeff likes this.
  27. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

How about a 50's Detroit concept car (Cadillac Cyclone) with 60's treatment...slammed and longer custom bubble top. Before and after. I assume this is the car that inspired Daryl Starbird's Predicta because it came out a year or two before.

[​IMG]

28. John 79

John 79
    from Sweden

29. John 79

John 79
    from Sweden

30. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

anyone else???? this thread died prematuraly