Register now to get rid of these ads!

60's Fiberglass Bucket Seats,anyone making them?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FunnyCar65, Feb 26, 2012.

1. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

Are there any companies making the old 60's style fiberglass bucket seats?

2. Cerberus

Cerberus

Speedway Motors sells them. 22 1/2" tall, 15" deep, and 18" wide at the bottom, with or without upholstery. Economy seat for roadsters, dune buggies, and sports cars. Had a pair years ago in a Kellison.

3. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I have an old fiberglass bucket from the eighties, I cut the headrest portion off, duct-taped some cardboard over the resulting hole, filled it with resin and glass, sanded it smooth, and pulled a mold. Bingo, an endless supply of low-back sixties fiberglass buckets for the cost of the glass. These things are all over the place for virtually nothing, as every one has put poly buckets in thier cars in the last few years.

4. robber

robber

Ya, as Cerberus pointed out, Speedway Motors has them. They call them their "Sportsman Fiberglass Seat". They are very resonable and can be bought with or without the upholstery. From your location, you could have these in your hands in one 1 to 2 days! No joke, I have been a customer for years. Go to speedwaymotors.com and pull up their streetrod catalog.

...Robber:)

5. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

6. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Those seats are only 13" wide at the bottom. My buddy Joe just bought some for his AWB chevelle, speedway's dimensions are wrong.

7. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Speedway was mentioned,also check out Summit or Jegs. Search a VW site or forum, may find some for cheap and used. Many ran them in dune buggies.

8. Pasta

Pasta

9. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

That last set from limeworks is really nice. Great buy with the covers and cool vintage looking covers.

10. brianf31

brianf31
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

jtdale and Max Gearhead like this.
  11. brianf31

brianf31
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well I got a set of the Aircraft Spruce seats. 16" inside width, 16" deep and 21" high after you make your own brackets. They are 3.5 lbs each.

fglass seats.jpg