Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 60 Studebaker Lark

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by keithv, Oct 2, 2013.

1. keithv

keithv
    from Flordia

NEWS FLASH!!!
    I just scored a '60 Lark out of Hemmings, After a couple of weeks of negations & LOTS of emails a deal was made now just waiting for delivery.
    350/350 motor/trans
    8'' Ford rear
    BONE stock exterior!

New interior
    Trying to post pic, but, what do y'all think of what I've told you so far?

2. fleetside66

fleetside66

Wow, I had a '59 convert back in the 60's. It's good to know there are like minded individuals out there & that maybe I wasn't really sick in the head. Seriously, enjoy your new car & have fun. Keep us abreast of what your plans are for it. Is the dash pad cracked yet?

3. keithv

keithv
    from Flordia

I don't know why, but pics wont upload. I can set the dwell on a distributor, but cant upload onto this thing....... some old dogs you just cant train.....:confused:

4. keithv

keithv
    from Flordia

Here you go! What do you think?

Attached Files:

5. LOWBLAZERO1

LOWBLAZERO1

good lookin lark!

6. keithv

keithv
    from Flordia

Thanks, what do y'all think, leave it a sleeper, or add a set of Astro's or Raider's?

7. keithv

keithv
    from Flordia

Interior, under the hood looks good too!

Attached Files:

8. now thats a good foundation

im liking it ....

9. I think the sleeper look is best. :D

10. hotrodhoodlum

hotrodhoodlum
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

those cars are so ugly they are cool
    I agree the sleeper look

11. B Bay Barn

B Bay Barn

Pick up an extra set of rims and tires, and alternate them. Both looks are cool.

12. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Cool Lark.. I would paint the rims body color and call it done.. Either way a fun car.. Had a 64 Rambler American with sbc/400 and was really fun to drive...

13. keithv

keithv
    from Flordia

Right now I'm thinking about keeping the sleeper look, maybe a set of trim rings, or a set of equally "unique" hub caps.
    Doing a mental inventory of vehicles the other night, it turns out I've owned ALOT of ugly cars over the years! This might be the first "collectable" ugly car tho! (Unless you count that AMC Pacer, but that was the '70s and lots of weird things were going on!):confused:

14. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

the pacer was WAY better looking... more'n likely faster too

15. keithv

keithv
    from Flordia

Under the hood, now that I have a Tbucket for sale or trade, I'm thinking maybe 3-2s down the road. First thing will be a set of caped dumps on the collectors.;)

Attached Files:

16. keithv

keithv
    from Flordia

RE. Fiddy Four, Ive got a good buddy up there in Wisconsin, I know how those long cold winters do weird things to the brain, ;) I could get that Pacer to do John Force burn-outs tho!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  17. KRB52

KRB52
    from Conneticut

Dang, that looks good.

18. keithv

keithv
    from Flordia

KRB52, its supposed to have been built somewhere up there, she's going to be here on the 27'th, I'll have the build history then. From what I've been told, it started out from an Az. car (that info seems legit) then ended up in the northeast as a project car for a machinist at the G.E. jet engine plant, then traded for a 50's GMC pickup that the seller built. It all seems legit, all my "Trick Questions" were answered by someone who knows what he's talking about. The TONS of pictures leave little doubt, if I had any weird feelings, this deal wouldn't be happening.

19. ramzoom

ramzoom
    from California

First off I love the Lark...

I dont care for the red on the outside of the car..It's like someone was trying to jazz it up...it should look basic or humble..No flash...I'd paint the rims grey and remove the red on the side trim..my opinion for what its worth...
    I agree with the other posters..make it look like you borrowed your grandmas Studebaker to go and pick up her medicine..lol..(Quickly pick up her medicine..:p)
    Keep the character of the car...

20. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Looks good as it is.

I've got two 54, 2dr. wagons, a 59, 2dr. wagon and a 60, 2dr. wagon.

The 59 is my current daily driver.
    One of the 54's is soon to be my daily driver, (then the 59 will be for sale).
    The other 54 is turning into a 50/60's type hot rod.
    The 60 has a small block Chevy, C4 Vette front suspension, 9" Ford and roll cage...bumper to bumper.

Everyone's got the Fords and Chevys....

Mike

21. You can't be serious.

22. 2nd

23. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Very nice little Lark,insides are super too. I had a Lark my self long ago and loved it.

24. Uh oh, somebody one-starred the thread. :rolleyes:

25. mohr hp

mohr hp
    from Georgia

How about a set of Cragar s/s wheels?

26. keithv

keithv
    from Flordia

Razoom; I'm resarching to see how that trim came stock, and one of the first things I'm going to do is paint the rims, I'm thinking black tho....
    Mike W; Your right, a majority of the masses like the big 3, Ive been known to be a little different........ :D

27. keithv

keithv
    from Flordia

WOW! a second page! whodathunk! Freeflynstl; NICE, tho I do like rowing thru the gears, my other-half don't! And I'm granting her wish on this one, after all, she's been putting up with me for a LOOONG time!

28. keithv

keithv
    from Flordia

Well, She's here! WOW! I am one happy camper! This was the first time Ive bought a car on-line, so to say that I was a little nervous would be an understatement. But, all went better that I expected! The seller sent all the receipts on the car, & all the work was done over the past 3 years. The engine is a 30 over 4 bolt putting out 328hp, 330tq on the dyno sheet! EVERYTHING is fresh on this baby, from the engine to the door seals! Don't get me wrong, not everything is perfect, it needs a few detail items, & a little tightening up on the interior, but nothing to keep me from roasting some tires! (oh, those are new too!) I'm one of those guys that always names his cars, her name is Lucile. Why? "Cause anything so innocent, and is built like that just gotta be named Lucile" George Kennedy as Dragline in Cool Hand Luke. One of my favorite movies, & I just happened to be watching it when the driver showed up with her!
    Later y'all, Ive got some gas to burn!:cool:

29. I would've gone with Babalugats.

"Hey
    , Babalugats. We got a bet here."

30. Babyearl

Babyearl

Well,, get out there and wake them up with that Sleeper!!!!