Register now to get rid of these ads!

60 ranchero

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dave R, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Dave R

Dave R

Been working on a 60 Falcon Ranchero. Almost ready to paint, but don't want the front bumper. Any mustang valances fit or open to ideas or links.
    Thanks Dave

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

As odd as it might sound, the earlier Corvairs had a nice roll pan that I bet would probably have similar contures to what you would need. I know they are available in repro pretty inexpensively too.

3. 62rebel

62rebel

the '60 and '61 Falcon/Ranchero has a valance that connects the bottom of the front fenders together across the front. if you close up the two bumper bracket holes, you're left with two holes for radiator cooling air; you could close these up as well. the '62 and '63 versions have a gravel pan and do not have a proper valance per se. Mustang units have been used with much modification (see the Doing Falcons Right and Falcons Done Right threads) and can look pretty good. i built a Mustang-styled valance out of two '62 gravel pans and some sheet metal, it didn't finish up the way i wanted but i still have the cut-down pieces of it .

4. Good idea. I was going to suggest a roll pan and I am with need louvers here I'll bet the 'vair pan will just about fit.