Register now to get rid of these ads!

60 plymouth gets it's turn...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Amaverick, Nov 20, 2009.

1. A couple of pics of my wifes project which has been on the backburner for the last 5 years, and is now getting brought back from the dead.
    I know it's not the sort of car you would normally say to yourself.."lets do a mild kustom' but thats the inspiration for this one.
    I hope you guys don't consider it too o/t as the HAMB has provided a lot of inspiration for this and other projects over the (mostly lurking) years.
    Just back today from the paint shop. you can't see it but the cream roof has small holographic gold flake over it. Subtle, but really pops in the right light.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  2. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Looks good, I really like them old big finned mopars. Gary

3. Those things are cool as is, not many of them around either so no need to make it different. Love those fins!

4. Orange Crate

Orange Crate

I do LOVE FINS!!!!!!!!

5. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

I remeber this car very well. Okay, not this particular car but one my dad brought home from the Chrysler-Plymouth agency in 1960. It was all black except the interior which was brown! It even had blackwall tires. It did have a V-8 and automatic tranny, which was an immense step up for my dad. He always bought the cheapest thing he could find. So, although I was impressed that he bought the V-8, I was shocked by how "cheap" the reat of the car was. Not even a radio, for crissakes! And it was ugly! Or so I thought bac then...

Now, I wish that I had one to add to my collection of Chrysler product stuff. I love the over-the-top fins and that grille that only a mother could love is now one of my all time favorites.

Your finned wonder looks tremendous. Keep us in the loop for further developments.

Good on ya, mate.

6. SteppinOut

SteppinOut

Why OT???? This car was like a factory custom right from the factory - low body stance, fins, V8 power, thin roof pillars..... Yours may be a moredoor, but hey what did most kids short on cash get for a hand me down. HAMB likes cars from the pre-64 era and yours fits right in. Cool ride. :cool:
    I went to look at a car a few months ago and a 60 Plymouth Fury 2 door was parked next to it. I could not believe how low those cars sit in factory setup. Way too many SUV's around me lately screwing up my perspective. Wish my wife wanted something like that. Good luck with the build.

7. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

That's a really cool car. It's stunning how the minor changes you've made have turned into a real beauty. Good job and keep us posted. And if you haven't already, you should join the www.forwardlook.net site and share it there-

8. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

those tailfins are too kool

9. Tuxedo

Tuxedo

Awesome... and mild custom is PERFECT!!!

More pictures... PLEASE!!!

10. Squablow

Squablow

Love '60 Plymouths, have a '60 Fury of my own, used to be a 4 door but 2 door sedan doors and quarters swap on with relative ease. Mine still needs some work in the rockers and quarters before paint. What model is the red one? Savoy or Belvedere I assume? If it was a Savoy, you should consider putting the Fury style door pillar trims on it, gives it a hardtop look.

[​IMG]

11. jmh

jmh

Cool moredor!! Great rear!! John

12. What's NOT to like ?

13. Rooney00

Rooney00

Very cool. Paint job looks great.