Register now to get rid of these ads!

'60 Ford F100 "gasser"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crashhead, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Any one know where my ol Ford is?
    Me and my buddy Fredrik built it some 5 years ago to resemble an old race car, and lotsa people fell for it, haha!
    We took it to Viva Las Vegas and played around with it for a while then sold it.
    I saw it here a few times, repainted and weird looking ......

It'd be fun to have it at our show July 3:rd.

www.norcalknockout.com

Attached Files:

2. 100% Matt

100% Matt

It was in New Hampshire I saw it last years at the Ty-Rods Swap meet in Stafford Connecticut. I have some pix on my computer at home. I will post them up for ya when I get home

3. Awrite, thanks alot. That'd be great. Had lotsa fun with that thing. First test run was from Anaheim to Vegas...some 300 miles :)

4. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Here is a pic. I'll post more.....

Attached Files:

5. 100% Matt

100% Matt

6. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Yeah...that truck has made the rounds!
    It's on this coast, now, from my recollection, too.
    One of the recent owners was on here, asking about it's racing history, but, then the cat got let out of the bag, by those of us who knew the real history.
    It was a pretty cool truck...
    It might...MIGHT, just have inspired ummm...some "other" folks builds on here...possibly....
    lol...

Of course, we skipped right to drag race only....

7. Haha, well..if our quick build has inspired someone or somebody it is just awesome!!
    We sold it to L.A and then i heard it went to NorCal and then i lost track.
    Saw it on the Hamb when this dude claimed it was "the real deal"
    Well, i called him and gave him the lowdown on it...he hung up on me ;)

8. It sure was F U N!!!!

Attached Files:

9. Muttley

Muttley

Killjoy

10. Love the stickers. You outta come to our show and vend?!?

11. Muttley

Muttley

Was that for me? ^^^

12. Yes it was Muttley! Interested?

13. Muttley

Muttley

That would be cool but I doubt I'll be able to make it.

14. If anyone of ya see my ol truck, please lemme know. I might wanna shoot it for a magazine!

15. Just found out that it was owned by a guy who won "Best Hot Rod" at our show last weekend!! Small world..

16. HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade

[​IMG]

That's funny. That's a picture of the truck sitting in my yard. I actually got on here to look for it myself. I miss it too. We got it from a guy in NY with it already painted as it is in that pic.

My Dad and I did a lot of work to it to get it street legal for NH. We put the bumper on it, found a good hood, tied the motor mounts together to stop the engine from rocking, put in a line lock, new Firestone cheater slicks, lights, directionals, etc. We put the moon tank on, took out the fender wells and added the headers and full exhaust, radiator overflow, fan shroud, painted the rollbar, recovered the old seat, put in an NOS eight track player, and on and on. We did more but I'm having a hard time remembering it all now.

I really miss this truck too. When we got done with it it was pretty sweet, if I do say so myself. I ended up blowing the torque converter. Shortly thereafter I moved to NJ and left the truck at my folks house until I could get a garage here. Long story short, I didn't get a garage, my Mom got sick, and I sold it to a friend and gave the money to my folks to help out.

I'd like to get it back now though. I'm assuming the guy isn't willing to sell?

17. Huh, kool to find out little more bout my old truck. Funny..i blew the converter twice......

18. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Ha...I remember that thing at Viva back in 2005 I think it was.. (the last good year IMO). I took this pic of it.. Never knew it was yours though Hank... Small world, lol.

Attached Files:

19. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

20. Haha, yeah man. We blew the tranny a block away from the carshow. Towed it up to the carshow, meanwhile i was on the phone locating a new tranny. As we came to a stop on the parking lot, the transmission guy was there, delivering the new tranny. He wanted our old one as a core, so we gave him a coupla PBR's and had him wait...Less then an hour later we drove the truck again, and the guy was on his way back...

21. HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade

I just read the entire thread. You must've talked to the guy that I bought it from on the phone. He told me that it was the real deal too. Guy's kind of a dick... I didn't care anyway, as I just really liked the truck. I know better now that I'm a little older. It's amazing what a few years can do for you, huh? :)

You wouldn't mind asking the current owner if it's OK to pass his number along to me, would you?

22. M.Edell

M.Edell

Ah yes..I enjoyed myself in that truck as well...

23. 94hoghead

94hoghead

gott alove those F100's!

24. HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade

Good stuff! I'd like to get that truck here in NJ. I could put QQ plates on it, pull the hood and bumper off, and give it that bad look again. We put the hood on with the latch in the front and pins in the back so it could be removed easily. See what I mean? I just remembered that. LOL

25. M.Edell

M.Edell

26. Jay Rush

Jay Rush

You don't see to many Gassers with a Gun Rack that is Awesome

27. M.Edell

M.Edell

I'm sorry I ruined it with my Portagee Yellow Paint Job..lol.. I took it to Goodguys Pleasanton a couple times, that thing drew a huge crowd everywhere I went..Alot of head shaking, but mostly compliments...Bottom Line: IT WAS FUN!! My wife still talks about how she hated that truck..no firewall,blew hot oil on her bare legs..lol

28. HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade

It has a nice firewall now. The guy that had it before me had on proffesionally installed. I like it better without all the lettering on it. was going to take it off eventually. I don't mind some lettering, but it was too much, and none of it meant anything to me.

29. M.Edell

M.Edell

I had started making a firewall for it before I sold it..I put the yellow Tap Plastic Back Window in it..The yellow was rattle can from Orchard Supply..I sold that truck in 2006

30. Well, we wanted it rough, and that's how we built it. Took us a few months, weekends mostly.
    Old timers thought it was the real deal..haha, when it really only has a smogged old 80's van motor in it...We did not have very much money in it, coupla thousand bucks or so...
    FUN car though,i had it featured on 4 pages in Swedish "Wheels Magazine"