Register now to get rid of these ads!

60 Elcamino turned fenderless rod progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Docfranknstein, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

I've been doing a little work on the Elky, mostly on the nose, here are a couple pix, I bent some tubes, swiped a set of 59 Ford quads, and threw in some chunks of 50 Pontiac front fender. Von Doc

Attached Files:

2. BadLuck

BadLuck

Looking good, a lot of people have been waiting for an update!!! Very cool.....

3. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Jesus,,thats awesome...I cant wait to see this one done!!

4. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

looks to be coming long very well

5. Cool stuff! I am very interested to see the finished product. It looks like it will be great!:)

6. AWWW-the original whacko is back in the thick of things.....:D
    How ya been Doc?
    Car is coming around nicely..... what is the grille that will be fitting in that shape?

7. Gator

Gator

Ya know, I didn't think much of your idea when you first posted it, but I didn't comment - you know, if you can't say anything nice..

I gotta admit I'm kinda diggin' it now though. Nice work Doc!

8. chitbox dodge

chitbox dodge
    from dunlap tn

thats coming on quite nicely. it will be interesting to see what you do about glass though. keep the posts coming.

9. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

I thought it sounded hokey too, but even with the first pics, I thought it was cool. I new that you could lose it big time with the nose but you didn't. Looking really good.

One thing though...... (of course, right?!)
    Your horse collar grille is great but if you bent up another slightly shorter one and tack it against the bottom of the one you have now and add some 2 inch rod sections to space out the top a bit with decreasing lengths down the sides THEN skin it. The headlights would be cool as is and the grille would have a nice, subtle tip-out at the top (profile). Maybe peak it dead center too. Just a suggestion.

10. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

lookin GOOD!!! i like JEEM's suggestion too.

11. Very nice. Good to see someone thinking outside the box. Well proportioned and thought out. Looking forward to seeing more progress reports. Pat.

12. Tony

Tony

This thing kill's me! I'm usually into the boring, typical style hot rods that have been the norm as far as styling is concerned and don't get too excited over stuff like this.
    BUT, this ride is so damn cool with so much imagination and style it's amazing!
    The nose is killer as is the rest of it!
    I'm really looking forward to seeing this completed..
    VERY nice job..keep it up!

One question, how are you going to go about fitting the windshield?

Tony

13. Plowboy

Plowboy

Sweet Doc! Keep up the crazy work. I was thinking about a similar way to make a grille for my new project. We will have to see what happens though.

I was hoping to start on my new project this weekend, but we got an ice storm instead and I have been without power for several days. I have to go to my buddy's house to wash my butt and play on his computer.

14. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Thats way cool.I love it how one guys fenderless something newer than 34s ideas are a piece of crap. Then someone comes along and blows the nay sayers right out of the water.Your to be commended for your conceptual vision and execution.

15. CaddyRat

CaddyRat

...love the back end!! You really enhanced the lines of the rear window and the fins. Excellent stuff.

16. teddyp

teddyp

its a west coast thing for sure

17. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

i disagree. Plowboy has done a great job with the custom rods he has built in the same style and he is in the middle of friggin NOWHERE Illinois. ofcourse i think Doc is one of the first (in this era) to pull it off so well with his truck from a few years back. still love that thing.

18. johnnykck

johnnykck

I have been waiting for an update ever since I saw the pic's on the first thread, I gotta say it's comin' along great, great proportions, I love the way it looks from the back! Can't wait to see more pic's, this thing is bound to be a show winner!

19. flip7262

flip7262
    from Minnesota

My thoughts exactly, looking real good.

Junkyard

20. Slammed88

Slammed88
    from Canada

I love your car. It's going to be awesome (as if it isn't already)!

21. guiseart

guiseart

I like this build... don't leave us in the dark.

Washing yer ass at a friends house Plow? Now THAT is friendship.

22. Squablow

Squablow

The inverted 62-66 Chevy pickup hood rear roll pan really blends in there like it was made for it, very nice.

I like the way the front is shaping up too, fits the bodystyle really well. I wanna see more already.

23. Quick show of hands. Who'd like to sit in a Lazyboy with a cooler full of beer for a table, and just watch Doc work for a while?
    Yes. The short, balding man at the computer had his hand up first.
    Damn nice work Doc.

24. prime mover

prime mover

Dam looks like I gotta make it out for another visit, whats up with that blower?

25. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

In my humble opinion, one of the more interesting projects , on the Hamb, it proves that with hard work and imagination, the impossible - is possible!
    Keep the updates coming!

26. teddyp

teddyp

CAR IS BEING BUILT IN THE ROTH ,TAGO [57 FORD RANC. NAME SPELLING NOT SURE] ALL WEST COAST PEOPLE AND STYLE WEST COAST IS A STYLE MORE THEN IT HAD TO BE BUILT THERE . THERE A LOT OF WORK IN THIS TRUCK

27. Any way you slice it, that is cool!!!

28. Stone

Stone

29. Yeah, when I saw the headline, I was thinking what a waste of a '60 El Camino since a '60 El Camino is already cool. But after seeing it, I think it's an awesome project! Super cool dude! It takes a great imagination to come up with something like that. It looks great already and I can't wait to see the rest of it come together. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: You da man!