Register now to get rid of these ads!

60 chevy gauge cluster in 32 sedan....will it look stupid?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mecutem, Nov 22, 2003.

1. mecutem

mecutem

Well some time back I had planned on a 57 olds dash in my sedan. I think I want to go with a 60 chevy inatead but don't want it to look stupid. It will have to be pieced and moulded in so there will be no turning back. I plan to tunnel tailights and antena and maybe a few other things so I was thinking the nice tunnel on the 60 chevy gauges would fit right in on this car. My buddy said yes....he thinks it will look allright. I have a crappy picture(sorry) but you can kind of get the idea. I will fair the ends into the doors for a little wrap effect. So what do you guys think? Anyone ever done something like this before? I see a lot of ideas on cars that I think look like crap and don't want that on my hot rod. So....am I going off the deep end? Steve

Attached Files:

2. DrJ

DrJ

I think it will work great IF you also go with a '60s "show car" style front end treatment ala the Emperor or AlaKart or early version Lil Coffin.

3. sedan_dad

sedan_dad

As long as you don't screw it up,it'll look great.Seriously,it's a good idea.Take your time,measure twice,use templates.It'll look killer.

4. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

no it will look good i just have gotten all my 60 chevy dash parts and putting it in my 29 sedan probably. i think it will be cool

-Bigdaddy

5. sedan_dad

sedan_dad

J's right.Stay within a theme.

6. As long as you don't mind the speedo not being centered behind the steering wheel, go for it. I love the look. I used a narrowed shubox dash and insturment cluster in my 33 ford pickup and while it looked killer, the insturments were a tad tough to read with the steering wheel in the way.

7. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

it'll look like shit Steve. i'll come over and get it out of your way tommarow. it'll look MUCH better in my dually!! [​IMG]

actually, i like it!! have you gotten anything "fun" done since i was last out???

8. If it's stitched in there nicely will look awesome...I hate 32 dashes..so ZZZZZZZZZZZ.

[​IMG]

MAIKI

9. Your will look sharp,especially since it won't be obvious what it was originally.
    InjectedA put a complete '59 Chevy dash in his Model A truck.Took a big slice out of the middle,and a little off the ends.It looks good too.