Register now to get rid of these ads!

60-66 Chev/GMC PU Visors, lets see them!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bodi, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Hey,

Looking for some pictures of 60-66 Chevrolet or GMC pickups with visors. Trying to find out what all was available from GM or the aftermarket, and how they looked. Really common to see the older generation pickups with visors, but, this generation isn't so common.

So, if you have one, or any pictures of such, lets see them!

2. squirrel

squirrel

the visor is built in

3. Well, yeah, of sorts. Just wanted to see what all was out there for a little more "visorness". Maybe something that dropped below the top line of the windshield just a bit.:)

4. squirrel

squirrel

it wouldn't look right, that's why you don't see them

5. I agree that it would be a balancing act to get it to look right. It would be tough to not have lines disagree with each other.

I was just wanting to see if there was anything out there in the aftermarket during the era. The stock roof line does a decent job of being a visor, but, could be improved by dropping below the top of the windshield. Just wondering if there was anything around like a little short model A visor that wrapped around the roof edges. By that I mean something of similar design. I think it would need to come around the edges and tie in to the A pillar to look right.

I've hunted and hunted, and you're correct. Not much for photos other than when someone hodgepodges some POS off a Kennworth...:rolleyes:

6. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

let this thread go to thread heaven.

7. It was already on its way.;)

8. So, I knew I had seen one somewhere before. The one pictured is a fiberglass one of unknown origin. This is the basic shape I had in mind. If the rain gutter were shaved, and the visor molded, I think it would look pretty nice.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

If anyone has any different designs, lets see them.