Register now to get rid of these ads!

6 volt chevy wiper motor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ems customer service, Aug 13, 2012.

1. ems customer service

ems customer service

i have fun with my 54 chevy but the vacuum wiper just suck and are unreliable, i did not want to convert the car from 6 volt to 12 volt, and that did not solve the wiper motor issue, i found this new 6 volt direct bolt replacement at the
    " filling station's " web site this year, www.fillingstation.com it seems to be a new item or i missed it last year.

i just put it installed it today, wow it was easy, it took me about 90 min, i spent alot of time looking around the shop for the correct allen key to set adjustment on the park position, the adjustment was easy! the wiper parks perfectly at the bottom of the windshield. it come with a switch and wire harness, new switch used the old hole. just ran power it and now working wipers!!!!! 2 speeds !!!

i do not have to be afraid of the rain. the price i thought was abit high $200 but considering the other options it was a deal no messing with underdash linkage or cables, just replace the old motor with the new.

i have not been a big storm yet but it has to be better than nothing whichis what i had vacuum nothing.

the ems guy

Attached Files:

2. grynder

grynder

Thanks for the write up. I've been debating this but I think I'm going 12 volt. I'm tired of the other joys that go with 6 volt...

3. Thanks for the review... My 53 still has the suckin' vac wipers! We get a lot of weather here in England. I'm still on 6v and disinclied to swap voltages. Definately goes on the 'to buy' list!