Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 5x4.75 rotors? Scarebird Pontiac disc brake kit

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rad Rob, Aug 27, 2017.

1. I have a Scarebird 1940-1954 Pontiac disc brake kit on my Chieftain and I'm using the 1995-1999 front rotors required for the kit. My problem is that I have a 4x4 S10 rear axle and 5x4.75" lug spacing. To get me by for now I'm using 5x5" to 5x4.75" adapters.

I'd like to know if there's a rotor with the same bearing and O.D. as the 1995-1999 rotors used in this kit but with a 5x4.75" bolt pattern.

https://scarebird.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=63&product_id=77

I found this post online that says Camaro rotors will work with the older style truck spindles. I'm assuming I could use the truck calipers instead of the Caddy calipers the kit wants me to use (I need to replace one of mine anyway and they're hard to find.)

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  2. twenty gallons

twenty gallons

if it were me, I think I would call or email Scarebird. they build the kit, they will know what will fit.

3. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The kit uses those components to get the spacing to match the original spindle. I would be leery of randomly changing the caliper without contacting Scarebird. Re-drilling the rotors is an option

4. I contacted Scarebird before making this post. They don't know if other rotors will fit. They use the truck rotors because they match the factory bolt pattern but since I'm not using the factory rear axle that doesn't help.

I can't re-drill the rotors without having the webbing machined off of the back side of the studs which I don't think is a safe option. I'm using wheel spacer adapters for now but don't feel safe with them either.

My other option is to find a 5x5" rear axle with 60" WMS and swap that in place of the little 10 bolt I'm using now. I don't mind buying wheels as long as the pattern matches.

5. manyolcars

manyolcars

I bought from scarebird too. Never again! His parts didnt fit without grinding on my parts