Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 59 flathead crank and pulley

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coupeman, Apr 26, 2022.

1. coupeman

coupeman
    from Australia

Hey guys after lots of research im still unable to work out exactly what crank pulley I need. Im new to flatheads and would like to hear from the knowledgeable guys out there please. Hopefully these pics upload. Wont know for sure what crank I have but will remove the oil pan over the weekend. Was suppose to be a 4inch mercury crank. Maybe. Maybe not. So the water pumps are wide belt. In one pic you can see a sleeve in the front oil seal. Could this be an oil seal conversion to a one piece? The reason I need to know is i need a crank pulley to suit wide belts. No one seems to know what pulley i need despite theyre good intentions. Im trying to meet a deadline and if anyone could help me out with one or send me in the right direction od be very grateful. My email is
    [email protected]
    Thanks everyone

Attached Files:

2. alchemy

alchemy

59 pulleys had a seal surface as part of the pulley. The 8 BA had a separate section from the pulley that the seal rode on. They both had a swirl groove in them. If yours has no swirl, maybe it is a speedy sleeve over a late model seal section.