Register now to get rid of these ads!

59 f100 steering?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lost rodder, Feb 8, 2011.

1. lost rodder

lost rodder

Does anyone know if there is a gear box the will work on a 59 ford f100 the steering on mine is locked up so im trying to find something that will work, or if anyone has one for sale that is in good shape? Trying to get it done for the LSRU so any help would be appreciated.

2. johnboy13

johnboy13

I rebuilt mine for a little over a hundred bucks. They're fairly easy to rebuild if you can get it apart.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  3. 59fordf100

59fordf100
    from oroville

i put an 84 toyota 4x4 power steering box in my 59. had to make a special mounting bracket and pitman arm and then adapted my steering column to the toyota steering column just above the rag joint. it works awsome, it has almost the same gear ration as the stock box. it's a popular swap that people do. they had a complete kit at classic performance products, http://www.classicperform.com/4856fordtrk.htm#13 , but this one is for 53-56. it's pretty pricie. but if you can find a box in a junk yard you'll save a lot. i found my in a junk yard and got it for $20.