Register now to get rid of these ads!

59 F100 Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50Poopbox, Feb 25, 2012.

1. 50Poopbox

50Poopbox

So here is my situation. I bought a 59 F100 with an unfinished motor swap. Along with the motor swap the trans was traded from a 3speed manual to a ford-o-matic. It didnt have the throttle rod that goes from the bracket bolted on the back of the intake to the trans. It turns out this is essential for shifting the FOM.
    Anyways I know have the linkage from manifold to trans and also got the linkage from accelerator to carb linkage. However, the accelerator to carb linkage doesnt line up to the original 6 cylinder linkage.
    Can someone out there with a YBlock and a FOM in a 57-60 F100 please take some photos of their setup and send them to me? Or better yet post them on this thread? I am so close to getting this thing on the road finally, this is the last step before she is a reliable driver. Thanks.

2. Rob68

Rob68

hey 50poopbox, nice truck. Check out the 57-60 Ford F100s group here. Tons and tons of great info on our trucks.

3. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

your truck looks like a 57

4. I have a 60 f100 with y/fordo. Only thing is that the motor and trans are out and it might be about a week till they are in.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. 50Poopbox

50Poopbox

56 ford custom- Do you still have the linkage that goes through the firewall in the truck or no? If so that is what I am really interested in getting pics of. Which way it goes through the firewall and through what location.

Chrisntx- My truck is a 59 with a 57 grill. Deceiving i know, I just like the look of the 57 better.

Rob68- Yeah i have read through alot of that group, I would have posted this in there but just sometimes it takes a while to get a response in the specific groups.