Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

'59 El Camino. The Push Truck.

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Kenny Safford, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Kenny Safford

Kenny Safford

City: Simi Valley

State: California
    Price: 30,000.00
    IMG_1312.jpg
    Shake, Rattle and Roll.
    It's 1960 and the trade is made. A white '57 sedan for the push truck the Sour Sister's would need. This truck pushed the Sour Sister's Olds and the Shark Car and drove to Bob's on countless cruze nite. It's a big block with no air conditioner. It's long and low stops on a dime, give or take. Funny, but not one cup holder.
    But it is pure American Muscle.
    I remember the history of the truck far better than the actual truck itself. I have some info from Dad and then Mom told me some stuff along the way, there's what Midwest Motorsports told me and then the bits and pieces of having it myself for a while. Dad took me to my first MX race in 1976 in the truck, parked it and then it rusted to the ground... well not that fast but life... So, I went to school, Dad sold the funny car and realized he needed a project. Drag the truck out of the snow and into the garage. Just short of body off. Here's what I know for sure because most of it's painted on the car show sandwich board. The 427 Stovebolt crate motor was put in the truck in 1968 at Dave Zeuschel's shop. Hot Rod magazine followed along. It's currently a 580 HP 433 cubic inch gas loving power plant. The new Holley 4 barrel and low profile air cleaner just clear the hood. It has dual exhaust via headers and short little mufflers. They should be replaced. The Turbo 400 Trans uses a B&M shift kit. The cable and tree shift don't play well together but that's how Dad built it. I don't know about the drive shaft or rear end but it's clean and has new ( 30 year old restoration ) bushings, air shocks and sway bar. The front suspension is said to be from a '68 Chevrolet with disc brakes and power steering. The rear drums are refinished original stuff. The 4-way electric Black Leather seats and arm rests are said to have come from a Cadillac and has electric windows with the door panels and carpet being refinished or replaced. All the glass is super clean and free from pits. A new tilt column and 1990's style Grant wheel Billet bits and pieces and knobs.The original speedo works and the 4935 miles on the odometer is maybe missing a few zeros... ? The water and oil gauge works while the clock does not and the gas gauge bounces and can't be trusted. The radio is not stock. The wipers work, the blinkers and brake lights are bright and the heater is not hooked up and it does not have an air conditioner. From the looks of it all the chrome, including the bumpers and trim has been re-dipped or replaced. No pits or flakes. The bed has oak inlays and chrome runners. It could use a re-clear coat protection. The headlights are classic glass with new outer rings. The staggered Centerline Champ 500 are still using the original BFG's mounted some 30 years ago.
    It's a big block time machine.
    The truck has literally been in my family longer than I have. It's not perfect but it more than makes up for it with its uniqueness and history.
    https://ksafford101.wixsite.com/elcamino
    If you're looking for the deal of a life time, buy the
    El Camino and the Sour Sister's Olds and have a turn key Cacklefest® push truck and digger.
    https://ksafford101.wixsite.com/sour-sister

I'll accept the following payment methods:
    - Cashier's Check/money order
    - Cash (in person)
    Vehicle Pickup & Shipping
    All shipping charges are buyer's responsibility.
    General Terms
    Truck is located in Simi Valley, Ca. Local pick up only. If Shipping and transportation is required it is the responsibility of the buyer.

Attached Files:

Elcohaulic, Rick28 and exterminator like this.
  2. Kenny Safford

Kenny Safford

Thank you H.A.M.B. The truck has a new home. Sold.