Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 El Camino.. Part Two

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.Fishbeck, Nov 10, 2011.

1. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Jay, words have a way of failing me at times like this. I"m sorry to hear the news- be strong!

2. Thank you, sir! I can't say it enough..

3. Jay, I am truly sorry to hear that news. You, your dad, and your family in our thoughts. Be strong for your dad and the rest of your family.

Jeff

4. Very sorry to hear Jay, I know what you're going through. I lost my parents at a young age.
    I'll pray for the easy, painless passing of your pops and also for the comfort and solace for your family in this difficult time.

5. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Very sorry to hear. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

iPhone - TJJ app

6. 51 mercules

51 mercules

JJ sorry to hear that.I'll keep praying for yor dad & family.I have a lot of good memories kicking back with your dad and uncle on the porch.

7. hemifarris

hemifarris

Hello Jay,
    I just came online and read the updates regarding your Father. I'm so sorry he seems to be getting worse. May God bless him. Miracles happen every day.

God bless you as well. Stay strong.

Mike

8. Swede64

Swede64

The doctors usually know what they are talking about but we got the same news about my grandmother and she lived 6 more years after they told us that she had no more than a couple of weeks. So you´ll never know. Very best wishes for both you and your dad!!!

9. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

sorry to hear this,thoughts and prayers,stay tough

10. Sorry to hear that J. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  11. I've been following your threads from the very start Jay, so I'm real sorry to hear of what you're going thru. I'm not a praying man but it's times like these I sometimes wish I was. Stay strong. My thoughts are with you and your dad.

12. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I hope your pop isn't in any pain, all the best to you.

13. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Jay, so sorry to read this. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hang in there, man.

14. Sorry Jay, remember the great times and things he taught you. Be by his side as much as you can, still hoping for good things for you both.

15. Thanks you guys.. Last night I went back to the hospital. He was alert, with his eyes open. I just got back from there, now. He was wiggling his toes, moving his legs. Last night I seen him move his arms and resist me while I was moving his fingers an arms. A friend of mine, who is a RN came with me to the hospital. She says anything can happen, but things are looking better. Sorry for the roller coaster ride, but please keep us in your thoughts & prayers. More Elco updates to come.. Soon!

16. mt94ss

mt94ss

Jay, sorry to hear about your dad. When it's time, it's time. Until then, be positive and help your dad be as comfortable and happy as you can.

Anything can happen and I hope nothing but the best for you and your family.

Mike

17. Camaro Mike

Camaro Mike

Jay, hoping the best for your dad and keeping him and your family in my thoughts.

Mike

18. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

i ain't real good with words my friend, just know we're thinkin about ya.

19. Thanks you guys!

20. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jay, keep on truckin'.

21. lorodz

lorodz

22. maniac

maniac

I ain't either, I can't get on here every day, like I wish I could, But this is the thread I check first every time.

Sorry to hear the news about your dad.

23. Yes indeedy!

Thanks, I appreciate that!

I take that as a compliment, thanks for that! He's doing better, for sure..

24. Getting the rear, close to being done.. well it might not be done, but the owner is

The driver side fender, looks like it's gonna be alright!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

Getting the rear, close to being done.. well it might not be done, but the owner is

I sooooo understand that comment. As much as I try to finish bodywork to the Nth degree, sometimes I just have to realize that it's "good enough". By the pics, your work is better than that but I understand you getting tired of bodywork especially with the stress of your Dad in the hospital.

26. Yes, you got that right! It was nice seeing the front fender on there today, though. Yet work actually keeps "me" going. Helps keep things balanced

27. I can't believe how fast this wire wheel removes old undercoating. I was done in less than a minute.. lovin' this thing!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Making sure they both lined up..

[​IMG]

I hadn't welded up where the fender starts to roll up, in the front yet.. so yes, I did tend to that.

[​IMG]

I really like how much easier it is to work the metal, after it's been gas welded. I wish I would've gas welded all the quarter replacement panels. Oh-well

[​IMG]

Down and dirty.. shrinking the high spots, slap file & dolly on the rest

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then I finished leading the lower portion of the fender

[​IMG]

I like this pic.. as if it was taken in the 60's

[​IMG]

28. My dad passed away today. Its good to know he isn't suffering anymore. I lost my best friend an I will miss his unconditional love. Please pray for him!

29. 51 mercules

51 mercules

JJ I'm sorry for your loss.I'm going to miss your dad.I'm glad I had a chance to know him.He was a great guy and a good friend and I learned a lot from him.I'm going to miss him.I'll pray for him.God Bless!

30. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

So sorry Jay. I've got no words to say as my Dad is ill also and I have a dear friend that they're Farther is ill also and it's got me in a word less moment. But yes he is at peice now.