Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 El Camino.. Part Two

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.Fishbeck, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Shoulda', cou.. I should've known there's no low current copper plating tanks around here. That's the only way that filler will stay, is if everything stays at a low temperature. Including polishing

[​IMG]

So I just dropped them off to be plated, where I know they can get it done. Learned what not to do, at least!

[​IMG]

2. DrJ

DrJ

Every jewelry making department in any art department in any Jr College in the area should have a copper plating setup.

3. I will have to keep that in mind. Maybe they have one at the Valley Coll behind me.

4. DrJ

DrJ

5. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Far out, but what about then having the chrome added? Is that going to melt out the solder as well?

6. I'm not going to waste my time with it anymore. Tig and the correct filler rod is the way to go. I just need to find the right rod

7. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Turn up the Amps with................

[​IMG]

8. Damn, looks like a vintage spray tan.. That's a hot orange, right there! Hehe

9. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

How's this for Hot Orange? Same person, Elke Sommers

[​IMG]

10. A perfect example of how much better things were back in the day. Eye candy for sure!

11. 51 mercules

51 mercules

JJ
    I stopped by your house yesterday and talked to your uncle for awhile.I also saw your 58 couch.It looks good.I was suprised how well the roof section from a 56 chevy fit on your uncles 71 Monte Carlo.

12. It is amazing how well it worked.. without any relief cuts, either. Wow! Thanks, the owner of the couch is happy with the results, also. I wanted to have it done before I leave to Bonneville, but the chrome won't be done in time.

13. 51 mercules

51 mercules

It sure is.How was B-Ville?

14. It was a great time. Something you would really enjoy! So much nicer than ElMir

15. 51 mercules

51 mercules

It's on my list of things to do.

16. sinticket

sinticket

Hey man, it was great to meet you out in Bonneville. Damn those tacos were good huh? Hope to see you again soon. Take care brother!

17. It was a pleasure meeting you an Andy. Those tacos were amazing.. price an everything! I'm sure we'll cross paths, again. Good talking with you, too!

On the way up we stopped at the Cathedral Gorge

[​IMG]

18. Looking out from the Hotel Nevada, after we stayed there.

[​IMG]

19. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

enough vacation time......get back on that elko!! hahaha!

20. I've been busy with the 58 chair, waiting on the chrome. Plus working on these Stude HubCaps.

Wasn't a cherry spot on these caps. Customer only wanted them driver quality. Not show pieces, or I'd still be working on them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then they started to come around.. waiting to be polished

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm a proud papa!

[​IMG]

21. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

just bustin you're balls... work comes first for sure!
    caps are a pain, I did the dog dishes on the 63. I probably have close to 20 hours in em, and I only did 3. 1 was good enough just to put on. and driver quality at best. they are shiny though. now seriously ..... get back to work! hahaha!

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

22. I agree, it can take up your time real quick like. Alright.. I'm going- I'm going!

23. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Great hanging out in UT man, awesome to put a real face with the name on this screen. Nice job on the caps too!

24. Yes, it was great meeting you. It was great seeing your coupe in person! Oh and thanks for that apple drink. It was cool hanging out with you guys.. raining at the Nugget Show! Take it easy!

25. Good meeting you as well.

26. Same here! I spent most of my time out on course 3, where I met you. I met a lot of Hambers, out there. Seen Tall Paul, but I didn't make it to the raffle because of the crazy rain. Good times, though!

27. Sewed up some pleats, to make a quick back bolster for my 57's frt seat. It feels a lot better and should make the long trips a lot more comfortable.

[​IMG]

Shows the difference in what the upholstery used to look like, 15 yrs ago

[​IMG]

28. Whittled out the pulley spacer.. finally!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. Blocked/buffed with hvy duty compound an a wool pad. Micro fine cmpnd & a sponge pad next.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. slammed

slammed

Shine on, JJ!!