Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 El Camino.. Part Two

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.Fishbeck, Nov 10, 2011.

1. It was a 45 minute wait for the roll back.. boring!
    It is cozy, but I think the chairs are cool.
    I had just come across the valve covers, again.. not using them.
    I miss the Pomona s/m from the 80's. It was GREAT shopping then!

Yep! The t/lite area uses 50 Pontiacs' now.. not a fan of the BelAir/Bisccayne/ DelRay t/lite hsings. SS buckets, custom pkg tray. Air bags, A/C. I was going to paint it black with cinnamon colored interior. Oh yeah.. Leopard carpet, too ! No shit

2. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very nice, glad to see another '58 being saved.

3. As soon as the El Camino is done, I'm gonna be all over this thing. It's almost done. Just have to get back on it. And thanks for that!

4. slammed

slammed

[​IMG] Black and leopard print go good together JJ!

5. Nice.. almost nice enough to look past that big ass forehead of hers! she's aaiight tho'! Hahaha

6. mkilger

mkilger
    BANNED

funny Jay I saw you at Elmo taking them pic's of your 57 today lol

7. I was up there, mainly to pick up cones when the meet was over. Usually crewing for Kitchen, I have something to do.. or the ol' hurry up and wait thing. Yeah, Imma geek! :D

8. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Who you call'n a Big Head. "Dumb Ass" ;):D

[​IMG]

9. No blocking with #320 required

10. That's Mister dumb ass pin head, to you.. Buddy!

#320? Excuse my ignorance- that's gone over ma' head!

11. Made the legs and that for the chair. Welded 'em to it and blocked it some more. Ready for primer now. The t/light bezels were dechromed an now they have a hole in them that's not supposed to be there. So I'm going to have to weld it up.. it's always something!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. My first black spray job..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've considered taking the trim off of the rear "fins" of my '58, that looks pretty good.

14. Dad had welded the holes closed on the chair, cos we didn't have any extra moldings for it. But it being furniture, I think the less is more scheme works. If you have the moldings, I'd run them. It's a lot of mldg holes to weld up, but it does look good shaved off.

15. slammed

slammed

Yes, with the no trim-black paint it will attain a stark, minimalist effect. Sheik!

16. The guy is having a bowling alley built in his house, and this will be in there. Should be able to get some cool pictures, once everything's done.

17. Whatever it takes to pay the bills, and working for myself isn't so bad. The hours aren't the greatest, but the boss is cool!

18. Welded up the holes in the pot metal - back to the plater tomorrow! Then to Sihillings to pick up my Elky qtr mldg..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Whoa, how did you do that? MIG or TIG?

20. Neither!

21. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Anciente Chinese Secret
    [​IMG]

22. slammed

slammed

23. I can't stop laughing.. I ain't fucking kidding! That's funny cos I've said once or twice! Good one.. Ssssshhhh, It's a secret!

24. Trade secret! Whatcha got needing repair?!

25. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Chinese Wu is the same as the Japanese word Mu
    mu is translated as "no thing", saying that it meant "unask the question".

26. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Aw c'mon! Silver solder? Just PM me, I won't tell. I'll have some parts on my '58 to do and I'd rather repair than replace with Chinese stuff.

27. Yep, its called muggy weld. I look forward to seeing the final plated results. We ville see!

28. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

Wish I could come up with rear clip like that for my workshop..... always nice to have a "comfy" place to sit & relax to meditate & plan my next project..... ha

29. Dad used to sit and read all the car magazines on the porch. He made quite a few of them, they're all steel and comfy like you said! Good conversation pieces, too!